XP Deus 2 Or Legend.... which Do I Keep?

Jeff, enjoyed reading the post. Thanks for giving us a really unbiased review and explaining the reasons for your decision.  HH! Tom

• Like 2

I am not getting any younger for sure. I also blew out my peroneal tendon (second biggest next to the achilles tendon) in my right ankle two days ago. I had chronic, nagging issues with the same tendon in my left foot all during Covid......At least the one in my right foot decided to skip the chronic/nagging stage and just popped. Sounded like a single gunshot (with ear protection on) and felt like I got hit with a sledge hammer on the outside of my right ankle...... just walking along a nice mountain trail, didn't make a misstep, turn my ankle, lose my footing, it just popped out of nowhere!

So, I decided to compromise a bit since I seem to keep getting some mobility injuries. It might be a good idea to keep at least one really lightweight detector in case my shoulders start acting up like my ankles seem to go haywire.

Since XP improved the WS6 module features a lot and even added a way to make the ID numbers as big as the screen (like on the remote) and I don't really need the big remote for underwater work.....I am just going to keep a Deus 2 Lite setup and sell the Deus 2 remote, case, charging cables and underwater packet. That should make someone happy out there that might want an underwater remote and a surface remote in the future. I'm not in a hurry since I am not even supposed to drive right now...........forget that BTW.

If you need an extra Deus 2 remote and remote accessories, one will be listed at a very good price soon or just let me know

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Sorry to hear about your tendon, Jeff. Man, ain't any of us getting any younger. I hope the Deus 2 Light does you right my friend. Hoping for your swift recovery.

• Like 2

Sorry about the tendon going out. I've seen the achilles tendon go out on someone one time when I was playing racquetball. He went right down.

I pray for a quick recovery.

Time flies by. 

• Like 1

Get better soon!

• Like 1

Sorry about your leg problems Jeff....speedy recovery to you...keeping the Deus 2 is a good thing in my humble opinion esp for relic hunting... I've found deus fast program to be very helpful when hunting in thick nails...Also the machine has been great for hunting the black sand/ brackish water beaches close to home here....but I have yet to take it to a park.

strick 

• Like 2

Jeff I am sorry to hear about your foot. Hope you are better soon. 

.I have always enjoyed reading your experiences. 

It didn't really matter to me which one you chose to keep.....however I enjoy reading why someone decided to go with one over the other. 

That to me is what the forums are for .....expressing real world experience with real world proof. 

I personally am a big fan of the nokta makro line. 

I have not decided against one completely  however at this time for me I do not really have enough time to merit getting used to another unit since I am already familiar with the ones I have. 

But it is still fun to read how things go for others. 

• Like 1

Both are excellent detectors for sure.

For me and where I hunt, Deus 2 is mostly a huge improvement over Deus 1 and the ORX. For people that are familiar with the original Deus and ORX, moving to Deus 2 should be easy

For me also, the Legend is totally a big improvement over any other Nokta detector that I have ever used. Its user interface is pretty different from previous Nokta Makro models however, except for the Simplex.

thanks for the kind words bigtim1973!!!!

• Thanks 1

Like the good Cap'n, I'm finding that having the Equinox (yes, even the lowly 600) and the Deus 2 is pretty much a base cover for me. It pains me to go to my beaches and rivers to see them full of stinging jellyfish, I've wiped out the sand and my waders aren't for 90 degree weather. 🥵 I am hoping to get the D2 in the water chest high, did it once and it was incredible. That is the main reason I bought one as other manufacturers just don't have the specs XP does on that machine. Everywhere else I'm perfectly happy with the Equinox, the ultimate pillage device. 😀 The D2 does serve me in high EMI spots however.

I like Nokta and greatly respect their successes. I would buy a Legend if I needed it, heck for the fun of it I took a nostalgic step and bought a very unused Tesoro Vaquero! I want to know what the more seasoned folks here have been through, and have been told it's hell in iron. 😁 I too read about every detector, even ones I do not need.

You have helped me quite a bit along the way over the last two years, sorry to read that you're having the inevitable issues of age. I have a nagging hip pain that stems from kneeling to pinpoint and dig, but a day or two off makes it go away.

Get better and I look forward to your future thoughts. 

• Like 4

You'll have fun with that Vaquero.

• Like 1