Checking Equipment Out For A Week Of Salt Water Beach Hunting

Dancer

First switched to the Standard Coil for this hunt.     Good idea to lightly grease the coil fittings while I'm at it.    Dicided to use the Tarsacci Headphones so removed the PigTail.  Pigtail was a little stubborn after having been on there for sometime.    Little shot of oil did the trick.    Won't let that happen again.   Refreshed myself on directions for G ballencing, and everything else I might have to change for a Salt water beach.   Of course taking both coils, some spare parts just in case.     Another thing making a check list to make sure I don't forget everything else I need.  Like make sure my Scoop handle isn't ready to snap in half.  Little things like that.   We all been threw it.

• Like 2

Getting ready for a special outing is always fun too.

• Haha 1

Hunting a Replenished mild salt beach.    So this beach gets a ton of tourists.     That's good. What's bad is it's gone just about coinless. I mean break a buck  your doing something.     Two hunts got a nice,Small stainless ring.  And today a "Maui Jim"  pair of sunglasses. Mint shape.  About $250 on the internet.

So I set the Tarsacci with the recommended settings in the manual.    St salt 27.  GB 500.     Thresh. I keep at -2  Disc -8 to -2.     This was done right in the room.    Than any adjustments can be easily made while hunting. I didn't wade but at this  beach at these settings the Tar was quiet even with wave slaps.     Even beach , parking, the Arcade, drinks & food.  So coins are rare. Some guys write they don't like digging Clad well this is the place.

2 hours ago, Dancer said:

I didn't wade but at this  beach at these settings the Tar was quiet even with wave slaps. 

I can vouch for the ability of the Tarsacci in forceful moving wave wash. It is fantastic! Unwavering with very little signal/detection interference. 

• Like 1