Pinpointer & Makro Racer Compatibility

Which pin pointers are compatible with Gold Racer and the Racer 2, The Minelab Pro Pointer was picked up by the Gold Racer any where within 5 feet of the coil while on or off. I used a White's TRX with a DFX and didn't have a problem. I sold the TRX before I bought the Gold Racer.

Pinpointer interference is hit-or-miss. All detectors, including pinpointers, have manufacturing variance in their operating frequencies. In your experience the Minelab interfered with the Racer; someone else would say they work just fine together. The short of it is, you're unlikely to get a correct answer.

• Like 1

I have been using the Garrett Carrot with my Gold Racer, constantly on in one hand while swinging with the other. No interference. The Gold Racer does have a frequency shift but I have not needed to use it.

If you are saying the Gold Racer is picking the Minelab pointer up 5 feet away when turned off you have a different issue going on. That is something that might happen with a GPZ 7000 but extremely unlikely with a Gold Racer.

This took place back about 68. A friend and I stop to get permission to hunt this lady's place. She said she had lost her wedding ring in her garden while planting carrots. When she went to harvest her carrots up came her ring on one of them. It had grown right through the ring 

I know this didn't nothing to do with pointers but the word carrots came up.

Chuck.  

• Like 3

I get somenwith my mxt a/p from my garrett pinpointer, but not much. And only when i have it on. As long as the coil on my mxt is pointed away, no problem. How could it get interference from your pinpointer if it was turned off? Is there sometging that I am missing?

7 minutes ago, Eklawok said:

I get some with my mxt a/p from my garrett pinpointer, but not much. And only when i have it on. As long as the coil on my mxt is pointed away, no problem. How could it get interference from your pinpointer if it was turned off? Is there something that I am missing?

When i was a kid, i used to race radio controlled cars. If someone else was running even close to your frequency, it could cause problems from bleedover. Depending on the equipment used. I don't know if that translates to metal detectors, but that would be my guess. Bu5 why when your pinpointer is off? That is what confuses me.

In the past 15 months of using my Makro Pointer, I have used my Nokta FORS CoRe, White's MXT All-Pro and modified IDX Pro, XLT and XL Pro, Teknetics T2,  Makro Racer,  and Tesoro Bandido, Bandido II, Silver Sabre II Bandido II microMAX, Silver Sabre microMAX, Eldorado and only had occasional issues with the MXT All-Pro.  It wasn't real bad, and I got rid of my Garrett pointer and White's TRX because they were more of a problem, both in functional behavior and EMI.  I always set my detectors down with the search coil close, but away from by recovery area.

I then added a Nokta Pointer to my detecting battery last fall when I started thinning my detector arsenal a wee bit as I settled on makes and models that served my needs well.  Today, my Primary-Use Favorites are the Nokta FORS Relic and Makro Racer 2 w/Nokta and Makro Pinpointers. My Back-up and Specialty Use Team is comprised of the Nokta FORS Gold + and Makro Gold Racer.  On Reserve I have my Nokta FORS CoRe, Tesoro Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX.

I have parted with all other brands and models, but with all of these units I use both my Makro and Nokta Pointers and never have an EMI issue.   I did have more EMI problems, to differing degrees, with the Garrett, Bullseye II and TRX pinpointers, which is a good reason why I don't have them anymore.  Perhaps I am just fortunate to not have issues with my current set-up?

Monte

Steve has indicated there's an issue with the GARRETT "carrot" pinpointed and the 7000, even when the unit is off.

Has anyone tried dropping the carrot into an RFI bag (this is a radio frequency shielded bag)?

Having a good pinpointer to utilize with the GPX 7000 seems like a must since this detector is a bit tough to pinpoint a target with.  Sure wish the new coil was a 5" sized one (for better pinpointing of your targets), and probably make the whole rig much lighter too. ?

• The title was changed to Pinpointer & Makro Racer Compatibility