Rye Patch Hunt - Back To The Basics!

Wow, some nice hard earned gold and Crystals.  Way to go!! 

• Like 1

Nice story and description.  No patch lasts forever so time to find more.  It may have been easier in the past but a quarter is pretty good now ... new or old ground.

Thanks for sharing.

Mitchel

• Like 2

That's doing it the old fashioned way. Congrats on your success.

• Like 1

nice gold. what city do you stay in while at rye patch? is it all claimed up? or is there a public area for prospecting?

23 minutes ago, gambler said:

nice gold. what city do you stay in while at rye patch? is it all claimed up? or is there a public area for prospecting?

I would not know were best to stay in the area but unless things have changed much of the Rye patch Reservoir area is public land meaning you can camp on it for a limited time or partake in any other legal recreational activities you just can't prospect on claimed areas. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on the right to camp there.   

1 hour ago, gambler said:

Gambler,

LoveLock, NV is the closest Hotels and its around 40 miles from goldfields of Rye Patch, NV.  The Rye Patch Reservior Recreation Area charges a daily fee to camp.  But, there is plenty of free camping on BLM.

LuckyLundy