Axiom Release Date

I predict that neither the Axiom or the Manticore will be released before the end of September ‘22.

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

I'll see it again tomorrow and maybe use it.

awesome feedback, keep it coming.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Funny, as it was always by end of year, so really, there is no delay.  Good on Garrett for improving it before release and even allowing us to find out this sort of information about firmware improvements right up until the release.  We only know this as those testing and using it have been open about what's going on, they could have said nothing and it gets released before year end like was always the schedule, so it don't see why someone would think it's delayed as it wasn't ready for prime time.  It's not a hardware change, just some software tweaking and I'm sure with most detectors this happens right up until release.

We weren't privy to the same information with the 6000 release so who knows what went on there but clearly there were and continue to be some problems with that release.

• Like 2

Rather have a product that is 100%, But as mentioned before that companies introduces a product that takes months to actually release is plain crap. We have seen the how to videos and mouthful of gold months ago. Waiting for a 100% product for a couple months is acceptable, but if the product wasn't close to ready why even mention it? I have money down on one also. I'll just have to wait like the rest.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gomb said:

In their intro video they stated weeks and on Garretts official facebook post it was middle or end of August, never a mention by end of year.

I said by end of year. Weeks can mean 20 weeks or 100. I'd like to see the official post saying middle or end of August - link or copy please.

I fully agree detectors should not be announced until ready or extremely close to ready. Then again, AAA PC games get announced many years in advance, so a few months is nothing I guess. :smile:

I'll use the full effect of my insider information to update you all with this latest tidbit - the shipping date for Axiom is now just weeks away! :wink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I'd like to see the official post saying middle or end of August - link or copy please.

I like that kind of accountability challenge!

An hour or so ago I posted on a ML Manticore thread the Manticore Christmas ad in the most recent Gold Prospectors magazine.  Here's the back cover of that same issue with one of your recent mates.Axiom_ad.thumb.jpg.18f7128c5315e9611f76d3154711fb1e.jpg

I suspect both images are somewhere on the internet (Facebook?) and maybe have been there for awhile.  Doesn't seem that long ago (couple months?) when all this was understandably top secret.  Good times ahead, even if not everyone will be satisfied with the actual release dates.  "...You can't please all of the people all of the time."  (Attributed to English Middle Ages poet John Lydgate.)

8iuTX4LlGZO.pngAuthor

Garrett Metal Detectors

We plan to begin shipping to distributors and dealers mid to late August. Please contact your local dealer (Where to Buy Sport Products | Garrett Metal Detectors) to see when the Axiom will be available there.

This was posted July 27 on Garretts facebook page.
This along with all of the videos gave the illusion that the machine was almost ready. Is it better that it was delayed for further testing and updating, you bet. I was just hoping to have it in my hands since I'm halfway to Arizona goldfields on my winter migration.
Thanks to Steve, Gerry and all of the other testers to bring a made in USA detector to the public. 
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I said by end of year. Weeks can mean 20 weeks or 100. I'd like to see the official post saying middle or end of August - link or copy please.

image.thumb.png.26ed00c8c91cde01a06ec10fbbba0807.png

I guess weeks can mean "100 weeks". But when the company encourages orders to be placed right now, the direct implication is that release is imminent. The logical meaning in this letter IMO would be "less than a month away", or they'd use month(s) not weeks. "Upcoming" also means about to happen.

I have no horse in the race, I didn't preorder. But I definitely thought release was in mid-August too. Just showing why others easily would have thought the same as well, since it was requested and/or there seemed to be confusion as to why people thought this.

Source: