Axiom Release Date

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Sending subliminal messages again, Steve?  What does that 1/4 oz nugget look like in the first photo (upper left corner)?

It's a Christmas tree. Does that mean it will be available before Christmas? LOL

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I'm really hating the fact that I'm coming off like an Axiom salesperson, as that was never my intent when this all started. I simply wanted to help a U.S. manufacturer do something to stay in the game and give people who are interested some different options.

Steve,

It is part of the process.  You are passionate about your help that you provide.  You state it from your perspective which sometimes doesn't translate to the finished product.  You make it sound like your desires are accurately incorporated into the final product which you don't have control of.

I bought one of the Fisher's based upon this passion of yours.  My model was defective out of the box.  Was that your fault?  Of course, not but I felt 'taken advantage of' for buying a detector that was not ready for prime time.  The truth of the matter was that you told everyone that it was a protype.  That project has since developed problems with some users happy and others disappointed.  You sold yours but you were passionate about the possibilities.  The finished product fell short.

You gave input to the 6000.  Your model didn't have the problems that some others had.  You were passionate about its possibilities.

Now another manufacturer is listening to your passion, and they are trying to bring the detector to the finish line.  We hope this project meets your expectations but there is no perfect detector.  There is only the latest standing on the shoulders of all the other detectors that it will be compared with.

Thanks for your passion, Steve (and Gerry).  You serve as our Defacto user in the process of making more user-friendly detectors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I bought one of the Fisher's based upon this passion of yours.  My model was defective out of the box.  Was that your fault?  Of course, not but I felt 'taken advantage of' for buying a detector that was not ready for prime time.  The truth of the matter was that you told everyone that it was a protype.  That project has since developed problems with some users happy and others disappointed.  You sold yours but you were passionate about the possibilities.  The finished product fell short.

That’s the real problem Mitchel - there never was a finished product. Just a prototype sold as finished product. Truly a shame, and a real missed opportunity for Fisher. They could have beat Garrett to market if they had focused on the dry land nugget version first, as that would have eliminated most of the issues that plagued the submersible version. And now, with Axiom on the market, what Fisher was working on looks crude by comparison. I guess they still would have a chance if sold at a low enough price, but they made it pretty clear that was never their goal either. It will be interesting to see if an Impulse Gold ever sees the light of day now, or a finished Impulse AQ. I’d still not mind an AQ done right, as the Axiom obviously is not submersible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Steve.  I said protype I noticed, and you picked up it should have been prototype.  You just don't go from a prototype to a protype easily.  At least Fisher didn't.