Dumping Minelab GPX 6000 For Garrett Axiom?

1 hour ago, oneguy said:

Your translator worked good.  Agree 99%...BUT, I have to give new tech some credit here.  Even though I parted ways with my 6000 I have to give it credit as it was FOR ME a game changer that I noticed on day one.  Hit a pounded area and immediately popped 6-7 tinys probably around 2" deeper than any of my other machines are capable of. IMO that 6000 actually was a "game changer".  I had a couple other "eureka" moments with that 6 that solidified the "game changer" opinions.  I certainly wouldn't discount new tech....jmo's

Me either, and I hope my agreement with kostas did not sound like I do. That said, I will bet on the person that knows the detector and the ground, and really knows their stuff, over the newbie with the best of devices, any day of the week. :smile:

• Like 6

Thanks Steve for your honesty and clear boundaries for your own goals along with making it crystal clear about what you take responsibility for when it concerns the Axiom for other buyers and how it compares to other PIs from your experience so far.

I have to admit, I bought a GPX 6000 based on plenty of information coming from plenty of sources I trust including you Steve. 

There was absolutely nothing wrong with that information concerning the GPX 6000. The problems mine (and a few other people's) had with EMI and instability simply had not been experienced enough by enough users to understand their existence or validity. Some users today have not run into any even minor EMI or instability issues.......which is very good for them.

I have my name on the list for an Axiom because I want a viable replacement for my former GPX 5000 and all of the different types of detecting it could do, not because I dumped my GPX 6000s in order for the Axiom to replace it. Even though the GPX 5000 is an outstanding and versatile PI, I just have no desire to get harnessed up and swing one anymore..............

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Long story short I was quite vocal about how great I thought the GPX 6000 was for use in the United States, and now I feel a bit responsible for the problems some people are having.

You shouldn't feel responsible.  99.9 % of the folks here are adults who should be able to make up their own mind.   Maybe there are a lot of sheep here and look to you to be their shepherd.  That's on them not you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

When in Australia I hope you find a nice chunk of gold, something that reflects the dedication you have invested in the pursuit.  Looking forward to reading about you adventures.  The one key item is not the type or brand of metal detector, it is a quality fly net... Best of luck down under.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Thanks Steve for your honesty and clear boundaries for your own goals along with making it crystal clear about what you take responsibility for when it concerns the Axiom for other buyers and how it compares to other PIs from your experience so far.

I have to admit, I bought a GPX 6000 based on plenty of information coming from plenty of sources I trust including you Steve. 

There was absolutely nothing wrong with that information concerning the GPX 6000. The problems mine (and a few other people's) had with EMI and instability simply had not been experienced enough by enough users to understand their existence or validity. Some users today have not run into any even minor EMI or instability issues.......which is very good for them.

I have my name on the list for an Axiom because I want a viable replacement for my former GPX 5000 and all of the different types of detecting it could do, not because I dumped my GPX 6000s in order for the Axiom to replace it. Even though the GPX 5000 is an outstanding and versatile PI, I just have no desire to get harnessed up and swing one anymore..............

I totally forgot to mention that I sold my latest GPX 6000 not because it is a bad detector.....just the opposite. It is a great detector. I just need something more like a GPX 5000 instead. So yes, selling the GPX 6000 is helping to fund the Axiom. 

I still love to use VLF's in the high altitude gold bearing areas nearer to me so I will be taking two detectors with me instead of just one like the GPX 6000. So, that is a compliment towards the GPX 6000 in my opinion.

• Like 1

Wow,  I sure hope you're not holding all that pressure of others moving their 6000 for Axiom.  If that was the case,  then glad you got it off your chest. 

I didn't read anything you posted or didn't hear any rumors saying the Axiom is a GPX-6000 killer.  If fact,  quite the opposite. 

Even my own posts , I never said the Axiom is replacing the GPX-6000. 

We both have said it's another Option...and a very good one at that. 

Well you surely cleared up any issues folks may have been thinking. 

I agree with Steve and will go 1 step further.  My GPX-6000 runs fine and I really like it for certain tasks. I still own it.

Options is exactly what we all like and the new Axiom with some of its features and pricing is going to work for alot of folks.  Me included. 

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Wow,  I sure hope you're not holding all that pressure of others moving their 6000 for Axiom.  If that was the case,  then glad you got it off your chest. 

I didn't read anything you posted or didn't hear any rumors saying the Axiom is a GPX-6000 killer.  If fact,  quite the opposite. 

Even my own posts , I never said the Axiom is replacing the GPX-6000. 

We both have said it's another Option...and a very good one at that. 

Well you surely cleared up any issues folks may have been thinking. 

I agree with Steve and will go 1 step further.  My GPX-6000 runs fine and I really like it for certain tasks. I still own it.

Options is exactly what we all like and the new Axiom with some of its features and pricing is going to work for alot of folks.  Me included. 

Happy with mine I got from you Gerry. Partnered with the smaller Coiltek elliptical, it’s the perfect machine with the means for finding what we have here in So Cal, even if there’s a lot of trash not even a VLF can discern.  And bullets too, lots of them!

• Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked