Dumping Minelab GPX 6000 For Garrett Axiom?

39 minutes ago, General Mayhem said:

the MAP is just the lowest they can advertise it for and the MSRP is just that... a suggestion.

Exactly.  That is a touchy subject for a few on here.  LOL.   Welcome to the forums.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, General Mayhem said:

Hi Phrunt,

Yeah, not much of a price difference in your neck of the woods, be a no brainer in that case to go with the 7000. For me the price difference is a bit over 3000 CAD. My fears on the price increase is not so much on Garrett's part, but dealers. As far as I know dealers can charge whatever they want for it, the MAP is just the lowest they can advertise it for and the MSRP is just that... a suggestion. Who knows really though, if I could predict the future, I'd be far wealthier 😂

Welcome to the Forum!

I've been a multi-line dealer since 2005.  As you mentioned, MSRP is a suggestion.  I don't know of anyone who has ever charged more for a detector than that.  Most utilize the MAP.  But once they walk into your store, you can charge as little as you want.  You can give local club members an extra 5% off, etc.

To the best of my knowledge, Garrett has never introduced a model at a ridiculously low price only to raise it substantially later.  They have accountants or "Bean Counters" if you will, who most likely examine the marketplace, figure in the R&D plus Design, Manufacturing, and Marketing costs, then come up with a price that would fit the consumer's pocketbook as well as make whatever they consider the minimum profit would be.

The only shortage that may come about is Garrett (like other companies before them) catching up with all the Pre-sale backorders.  You have plenty of time to make a decision.

This is an excerpt from the release letter I received from my Distributor here in the US:

"Axiom’s manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) is $4,700 and its minimum advertised price (MAP) is $3,995. Discount rates for Axiom might differ from your normal rate so check with Garrett to understand your specific pricing. The Axiom is eligible for Garrett’s Military Discount."

Good Luck!

Walt

P.S.:  I'm not trying to sell you a detector.  I just wanted to add some perspective from a Dealer's standpoint.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bohemia Miner,

Thanks for the input, nice to hear a perspective from the other side of the counter.

It could be my fears of dealers raising prices are unfounded, it could be I feel this way simply because I wants one 😁

On the other hand, I have recent experience with tech related items, that prove popular, getting price bumps, such as GPU's from a couple years ago until just recently.

Anyway, not my intention to hijack this thread, don't want to get too far off topic here.

Have a good day.

55 minutes ago, Bohemia Miner said:

"Axiom’s manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) is $4,700 and its minimum advertised price (MAP) is $3,995. Discount rates for Axiom might differ from your normal rate so check with Garrett to understand your specific pricing. The Axiom is eligible for Garrett’s Military Discount."

That seem to add up to  what a dealer told me.  

They have no minimum sale price (in the shop) on any of their Garrett detectors.

On 20/08/2022 at 16:59, Steve Herschbach said:

L'Axiom est conçu comme ma dernière balade à poney. J'ai 64 ans et mes priorités dans la vie changent, la détection et la prospection s'estompant rapidement. Je voulais vraiment laisser mon implication dans les nouveaux détecteurs après le GPX 6000

Do you intend to leave us Steve, which would be cruel for detection!

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 4:35 PM, General Mayhem said:

Thanks for the welcome Swegin, I assume your handle comes from the show "Deadwood"... if it does, I cross my fingers and hold them up.

Yes it is from Deadwood and I promise I won't make anyone throw themselves off the balcony or feed anyone to the pigs.  LOL

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Jennifer said:

Like when was the last time any of us used the GPS on the 7000, I’ll go first….. NEVER!

I always used the GPS in the 7000, almost never did not use it. It was one of the most important tools the detector provided me, as I employ long term scientific prospecting methods. No separate GPS is even remotely near as handy or efficient, and having to use a separate GPS now is a step backwards. What is needed in my opinion is better GPS integration and software, of a feature that adds almost no cost or weight to the detector.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, geof_junk said:

They have no minimum sale price (in the shop) on any of their Garrett detectors

Nobody does. That’s called price fixing and is illegal. Advertised prices can be set. You are free to negotiate anything less than that in direct communications. Which is why calling dealers for best price always gets the better deal than using the buy button on a shopping site.

• Like 5

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked