Dumping Minelab GPX 6000 For Garrett Axiom?

Well said Steve , love how you don't go for any BS . Hope you have a blast over here and go home with over weight luggage .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Compare the specifications that Minelab and Garrett have on the AXIOM & GPS6000 note theses are form the horse's mouth and they only show what they won't you to see. 

GPX6000.doc 

axiom.doc

Total Weight, Battery life, and Pulse Rate are there for both detectors and some other features are available.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 7:59 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

As a person long involved in sales I consider overselling and hype to be damaging in the long run. Anything perceived as being more than it is will enjoy a short run, but then reality catches up. If the reality is too far divergent from the initial imaginations, the hype, then a blowback will occur. The extent and depth of the blowback is determined by how large the gulf is between perceptions and reality. I want what I say to be as close to the final reality after a year has gone by as is possible, and in retrospect I do not regret any of my reviews as being inaccurate or out of line in any serious way. They all have proven themselves with the test of time, and anyone who doubts me should go back, and read a lot of them.

Ironically this was posted just 3 hours ago and seems fitting, he's a tad long winded but it's a good reminder.

• Like 8

I used to play golf off a handicap of about 9.

My set of golf clubs were old and pretty beat up but when I bought them new they they were top of the line. I was at the driving range and the pro shop talked me into trying the latest fancy Driver which I happily took down to the range. Teed up the first golf ball and sent it sailing about 260 metres with a slight draw (right to left flight path). I hit a few more with similar results so I was liking this new club. A short time later I pulled out my old Driver that looked like it had been used for demolition work and actually had a small piece missing from the club face………..teed up the ball and launched it about 275 metres straight as an arrow to the far end of the driving range 😳

………….reaches for SD2100.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Tony said:

I used to play golf off a handicap of about 9.

My set of golf clubs were old and pretty beat up but when I bought them new they they were top of the line. I was at the driving range and the pro shop talked me into trying the latest fancy Driver which I happily took down to the range. Teed up the first golf ball and sent it sailing about 260 metres with a slight draw (right to left flight path). I hit a few more with similar results so I was liking this new club. A short time later I pulled out my old Driver that looked like it had been used for demolition work and actually had a small piece missing from the club face………..teed up the ball and launched it about 275 metres straight as an arrow to the far end of the driving range 😳

………….reaches for SD2100.

I think we are well and truly past the point of diminishing returns on these detectors. The stuff that is added now is wiz-bang stuff and the saying that “the more goodies, means more to go wrong and more to break” is fitting.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Jennifer said:

I think we are well and truly passed the point of diminishing returns on these detectors. The stuff that is added now is Wizbang stuff and the saying that the more goodies means more to go wrong and more to break is fitting.

Yes to this ⬆️

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

Totally agree

With what/who. LOL