These Put Me Over The Top....

oneguy

Glad to hear the great news for you.

What size coil were you using on your detector?

Good luck and keep it up.

Stay safe out there.

• Thanks 1

Awesome result really and a lot of individual digging to get all those nuggets 👍

What sort of total weight do you think you have?

• Thanks 1

Got skunked today folks. I was using the Monster/5".  I can't give any weights yet in case any Co. guys read this as I recently found out the Co. has been having a drawing at the annual Co. party on how much weight the "detector guy" finds at the end of the season.  Found out who won 3rd place last year and he got $50, don't know what 1st or 2nd got but I LMAO and thought that was pretty cool.  This seasons' drawing I'm gonna sweeten the 1st place pot and throw in a 3.4 grammer for the winner. 

This morning I brought over donuts to the mine boys and got to BSing there for quite awhile then up on the mtn to the deep and steep and 2 hrs later had zippo so ate lunch while debating on where to go?  Then the drill crew came by and asked me to check some dirt they set aside.  I took care of the dirt and asked them to spread it out better and I'll hit it again another day. I was tired, there was no shade, hot, hornets, etc. and all this old man could think about was getting home to my Oxy bottle and the couch so I headed home early with zippo....lol

Thanx for the likes/comments everybody & good luck out there

• Like 3

11 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Envy your permission spot !  🖖WTG

Yeah... I really stumbled into a very sweet arrangement.  These guys treat me VERY well, rarely ask me to do much and pretty much let me runamuck.  Another first today... one of the geo's asked if I might detect some of the 2" core samples off the drill so I took a shot at it and got a hit around the 95' level of the core.  I only did a few core samples then off for nuggs but I'm gonna do a few more in the future, it was fun.  Driller marked it for the geo's when they analize the cores at the shop. This hard rock shit is all new to me and I find it kinda fascinating as I get a little taste of how they go about finding and searching for the viens......

• Like 2

1000 gold nuggets recovered in a year is a very very impressive number.  I tip my hat (hell all of them - hats) off to you for being so dedicated.  Sure the weights may not be astronomical but, as you mentioned....the fun factor.

Fun factor is one of the main reason most of us folks in the United States keep on swinging.

Well done my friend, you certainly impressed me last year and even more so this season.

Heck you have about 5 to 6 more weeks of decent weather.  Go get another 20+.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1