Pretty Good Lake Hunt

9 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Well , it looks like you earned a place at the table !   I'd go back for seconds of that dish !

I found a one dollar bill in a bush I was detecting under once......OK , it WAS in the parking lot of a bowling alley 🙄  

Thanks again RVP, Money seems to find it's way into all sorts of strange places!

7 hours ago, midalake said:

Nice haul......LOVE THE CASH!!!! 

Thanks midalake, I love the cash too but the 14K ring is like finding 7-$20's, 7-$10's and 7-$5's!

4 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

What a great day, congrats!

Thanks CPT, The day just got a bit better as the chain tested positive for 10K. Must be one of those hollow link chains I just heard about. A third less gold than a solid link chain but still gold.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Pyriteboy said:

Gold is great, George...nice to get that chain kicker for a double. By using the Excal, what kind of signals/targets are you not digging? 

-Jerry

Thanks Jerry, I started off digging everything that wasn't nulling out but after I got tired I started focusing on the high and mid tones. Too many of the really low "boing-boing" tones were foil and bottle caps. The 14K band was a solid mid-tone. 

Nice when you can swim and pull bills out of the water.

On 8/23/2022 at 10:54 AM, rvpopeye said:

Well , it looks like you earned a place at the table !   I'd go back for seconds of that dish !

I found a one dollar bill in a bush I was detecting under once......OK , it WAS in the parking lot of a bowling alley 🙄  

In the past you could find some really nice cash the next morning after fri & sat nights in bar and strip club parking lots. You could find the bills in the lot back when guys had to fish out their car keys before keyless entries. Also look around bushes, weeds and chain link fences because the bills went as far as the wind would blow them until they got tangled up and stopped moving. Knew an older gentleman that claimed to make about $200 - $300 per weekend back in the late 1970's. I have no reason to doubt him, because I tried it and found between $20 - $50  in bills plus coins. But he seem to have a better route and worked it all weekend.

Skuh kuh kuh kuh 

Popeye sez, thats makesk perfectsk sensek.

But covid pretty much killed that industry uptah camp !

Will file the info though THX for the story/tip.  TIPS is why there was so much cash there I guess ....

• Like 1