Troy Shadow X5

I would say it's worth about $375.00.

Are you selling one?

Not sure what the current prices for the X5 on the 2nd hand market,but i purchased a brand new one i think it was around 2007 and the new price for them here in the UK about £1000,build quality was amazing,i used one for about 2 years every weekend so did have a fair few hours on the clock....my personal opinion is that it was and still has been the worse detector that i have ever owned and i own alot 25 at the moment and very rarely do i sell one....but someone wanted on so badly that over a 2 year time duration i only lost about £25.

I phoned Troy up many times but we could never sort the iron rejection issue sorted out,as i have mentioned it was a lovely well built detector but terrible in amongst iron even with the 7'' coil and the 10x5 i think it was.....so when someone offered me cash i could not get rid of it quick enough,they never did sell may over here and rarely come onto the UK 2nd hand market.

3 hours ago, RickUK said:

Not sure what the current prices for the X5 on the 2nd hand market,but i purchased a brand new one i think it was around 2007 and the new price for them here in the UK about £1000,build quality was amazing,i used one for about 2 years every weekend so did have a fair few hours on the clock....my personal opinion is that it was and still has been the worse detector that i have ever owned and i own alot 25 at the moment and very rarely do i sell one....but someone wanted on so badly that over a 2 year time duration i only lost about £25.

I phoned Troy up many times but we could never sort the iron rejection issue sorted out,as i have mentioned it was a lovely well built detector but terrible in amongst iron even with the 7'' coil and the 10x5 i think it was.....so when someone offered me cash i could not get rid of it quick enough,they never did sell may over here and rarely come onto the UK 2nd hand market.

Thanks for the reply, I am looking for £300-£400 but have had no interest 

2 hours ago, Grewocckl said:

Thanks for the reply, I am looking for £300-£400 but have had no interest 

If i recall correctly that Staffs Detectors had one a few months back and that X5 went for about £275,a X3 goes for about £225-250,unless its in mint condition then you could possibly get a bit more,but although folks across the pond use too like them they are a rare beast in the UK and also getting a bit long in the tooth as they say.