New Makro Simplex With Coil Warning

Just purchased a Makro Simplex Plus and set it up and am getting the Check Coil Icon. Anyone ever experienced this and any ideas? Disconnected and reconnected coil several times and still have the warning. Thanks.

I've not experienced nor actually heard of what you are encountering. Could possibly be a faulty coil, but the first thing I would do is do a factor reset. And, or, if you know anybody with a Simplex try their coil, or even contact your dealer for trying same. Last resort is contacting Makro. Good luck, HH jim tn

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

the one thing I have noticed with the Simplex and the Legend when connecting the coil cable to the control pod get the connector lined up then start to tighten a little at a time, tighten then push in on the cable at the control housing connector then tighten a little more then push in the cable a little more keep doing this and it will eventually be completely seated into the connector at the control pod if you do not do this you will get the coil warning every time

• 4 weeks later...

I have recently had the same issue, although I have tried the tightening technique stated above and a factory reset and has not worked. There is also a white flash that will come out of the coil port under the screen, as such I think mine is faulty 

I would appreciate some feedback if anyone has ideas or can relate.

Sounds like you will need to contact the Nokta Repair Center.

2 minutes ago, JCR said:

Sounds like you will need to contact the Nokta Repair Center.

Hi thank you for the swift reply, I bought it from amazon and was still in the time window to get a replacement, I thought since of that it would be easier to do that

Many thank, happy new year

• Like 2