At Risk Of Sounding Like A Broken Record Here...

You did what you would want someone else to do for you without expecting anything in return. You sound like you were taught right from wrong as a youngster and how to be selfless. Thanks for helping give the rest of us detectorists a good name. Well done!

Also, were you a detective at one point? Your methods of tracking this guy down are inspirational and will help others sort out how to begin looking for someone should they find a class ring. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Awesome return Cuniagau! Kudos for doing the right thing even though it may have felt a little bittersweet!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cuniagau said:

That is a big chunk of gold out of my inventory for the year but it was only a piece of gold to me, it was 16 years of memories for him.   

You had the thrill of finding it as well as the enjoyment of making someone extremely happy. I am sure MIDAS will reward you soon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thats a great story and a big azz gold ring.... good on you bro for doing all that detective work.... I would have given up after a couple days because I really like looking at them in my display case... 🙂

strick

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Againstmywill said:

Also, were you a detective at one point? Your methods of tracking this guy down are inspirational and will help others sort out how to begin looking for someone should they find a class ring. Thanks for sharing.

Againstmywill,

No, on being a detective.  But it is called deductive reasoning.   It may not give you the exact answer, but it sure eliminates a lot of the fluff and gets you into the ballpark.   Once I started down a rabbit hole, I could eliminate that person.  So, it is more about whittling down the list to the point that there are only a few left and at that point you can pick the most likely and see what happens. 

Joe

• Like 3

Very nice reading the article, always nice to know that there are good people left in this world.

I just wonder if that may have been one that I lost, but I know that I didn't go to that school, but it is a ring.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 2

Excellent diligence.  There were lots of places you could have stopped looking.  You deserve more than a thank you.

• Thanks 1