New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

What we have here, is an Equinox 1000

Certainly not a graphics screen like the CTX.  Target ID's like the Equinox not the CTX.  It's not looking anything to do with a CTX to me, just a new Equinox to put some wood in the fire now the Legend and Deus 2 have taken all the glory that the Equinox once had.   In saying that,  I want one, and I hope they've fixed all the weak points of the Equinox build quality with it.

It may have 99 target Id's this time, that first digit looks like a 5 to me.

C6CBC3E9-C131-4CE5-891F-BE2722F752E7.jpeg

Straight shaft again but with a proper clip much like the Detect Ed aftermarket Equinox shaft to stop twisting.  They maybe are capable of learning from mistakes.  Looks like it's telescopic too with the clip right at the handle like that.

58CECBBC-4483-4FFC-B713-7366187E0C99.jpeg

I like what I see.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, phrunt said:

What we have here, is an Equinox 1000

Or a CTX 4040? I know it looks more like an Equinox than a CTX, but I get the impression it has target ID abilities like FBS II machines, but doesn't carry the slow recovery speed or weight of those machines.

13 minutes ago, mh9162013 said:

Or a CTX 4040? I know it looks more like an Equinox than a CTX, but I get the impression it has target ID abilities like FBS II machines, but doesn't carry the slow recovery speed or weight of those machines.

Yea, what we know is it has 99 Target Id's, not sure it has the FE - CO of the CTX, it looks to me like the 20 on this photo is the sensitivity setting.

1845214080_beast3-gigapixel-standard-scale-2_00x.thumb.jpeg.02e2984b2e62b5a652ddd3411b11e029.jpeg

It certainly has more detailed discrimination patterns.  Multi-IQ+ and not FBS2 or FBS3 so maybe Multi-IQ is the future and FBS is done for, or they just haven't done a 3030 replacement yet.

• Like 5

It looks like a carbon fiber shaft and it looks like they've addressed the coil ears problem too.

Manticore Coil.jpg

I hope Coiltek is working on a 10x5 or 12x6 coil for this now. 😉

• Like 5

I think they're just support, it looks to be a 15" coil.  M15 model number.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to New Minelab Manticore