New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

48 minutes ago, phrunt said:

1264725005_coilears.jpg.1c30d67a825a78e0403f784a67770ec8.jpg

That is also a horrific coil cable winding job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Sheppo said:

That is also a horrific coil cable winding job.

Sure is 🙂 Maybe they're testing the strength of the cable and solder joints inside the coil by stretching the crap out of it.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Looks like it will be a solution to their pitiful coil ears.

That coil ear 'solution' will prevent other coils from being used unless someone make a lower shaft for the old coils.

• Like 4

What will we stop swinging if we use one of these?

It doesn't look very nuggety!  I don't think it will be a fit in the gold detectors.

Will it have multiple personalities?

19 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

That coil ear 'solution' will prevent other coils from being used unless someone make a lower shaft for the old coils.

I'm sure they've taken care of that good and proper with a chip 🙂

• Like 2

Yup

5 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Bingo!  As well as hinder dev of 3rd party shaft systems.

Not liking sticking with the large diameter handle (presumably still housing the battery). 

Multi color screen and better navigation appears evident.  

If they stick with the single mode user profile scheme that would be disappointing.  Never liked the user profile button being embedded into the side of the control pod because ot is awkward to invoke with one hand w/o setting the coil on the ground.  I use user profile switching frequently for target interrogation to see how the target responds to two different modes.

• Like 1

Look interesting. The question is how that device performs in heavy iron? The depth for me is not critical issue. I need better separation and ergonomy. Also ID at depth.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, dave_e said:

A Manticore has the head of a man, body of a lion, and the tail of a scorpion.

My bet is they chose this name because the detector blends3 technologies.

Multi IQ, FBS, and another tech.  Maybe BBS.

First of all - these detector companies are spending way too much time being clever about the symbology of their detector monikers when they should be more concerned about coming up with a detector name that someone can actually pronounce after a few beers or that someone wouldn't be embarrassed to utter in front of a bunch of people wearing camo and wielding sharp digging tools.

"Cletus, could you be a dear and fetch me my Man-ti-core out of the back your crew cab?"

Puleeze

Anyhoo...

Unlikely those technologies can be actually combined or blended as-is.  But hopefully Multi-IQ+, does improve Multi-IQ performance in the two areas where FBS2 excelled, namely ID accuracy at depth which in turn enabled the implementation of sophisticated discrimination patterns.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, Hamid said:

High power that means, life battery? 

Means nothing most likely.  Marketing bleck dummies fall for.

Like the notion that depth reigns supreme...(I'm talking vlf not PI) as it sells detectors to those who don't know any better.  Probably also why they may be using what appears to be a large diameter coil in their marketing materials.

The good stuff (not talking nugget hunting or beach detecting here) is either deep out of the range of a vlf regardless of how much power they pump out or hiding amongst the trash where speed and accurate signal filtering reign supreme.  High Power in that context could mean high signal processing power (hence speed and accuracy).

• Like 2