New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

20 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Hopefully we don't have to wait as long as we did when they announced the Equinox....

The recent Codan report said something about "late 1st half of FY23" for expected release of a new detector.  I think their fiscal year begins 1 July which would mean a Christmastime availability.  But that depends upon a lot of things, and I wonder if that might be an optimistic estimate given its purpose (i.e. news for shareholders and potential stock buyers).  I won't be surprised if we don't see them until February (when the first Equinoxes were released).  Hey, I'd be thrilled for all of us if it comes earlier.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

It's apparently a warning ⚠️ indicator that the stock 15" coil they bolted on to this sucker is too heavy to swing.

I thought it was a "take my money" handbag. ! Indicator means you're broke.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vive equinox said:

maybe there will also be a restricted version like the 600 for broke people

Honestly I've done very well with the 600, so I might consider the Meerkat if they make it in a restricted version. 👍 my only worry is that @steveg will have to work for a bit to make the counterweight adapter for that big coil. 🥵

• Like 2

The Minelab  Manticore will be a waterproof detector of a higher class than the Equinox 800, I see Etrac*/CTX functions in a new form... focused on performance..

class A....

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ShintoSunrise said:

his absence here makes me skeptical that this is a high end machine capable of replacing that product line. I'm getting less "Equinox 1000" vibes and more "Vanguish plus"

Or he could just be subject to an NDA.

• Like 2

I seem to remember reading that Steve H was no longer working for overseas detector companies. I also seem to remember him mentioning a long time ago that the Equinox was intended as a mid-line ML detector to test the viability of their new Multi-IQ SMF technology at that time, and that a flagship model was in the works. Or maybe I just dreamed that.

Could the Manicore be the result of advancements in their Multi-IQ R&D and creating the new Multi-IQ+?

So much speculating and so little time... I've already seen a Manticore listing ("out of stock") on an online detector dealer's site.