New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

I have been reading al this hype about a machine that has not even been released yet, and I am glad that when grandfather left me his detectors one of them were the 800.

There is very little that it can't do, and very little that I can't find with it so I guess I will be happy with what I have for now.

When I can afford something better that has a proven track record then I will consider getting it.

Currently I feel that I have what is best for me and what can meet almost any need in the future for me.

• Like 5

Hey It's got a flashlight symbol so ya know it must be DEEP!  Not liking the user profile location eitther, great tool but frustrating to use for cross checking.  Navigating the menu, love to see that instead of dragons.  Just glad it's not covered in skulls🙃

• Haha 2

Like I said on the other post...

I hope it can fly (wings notwithstanding), because they missed the boat, and burnt the bridges!

Or in plan English, too little too late!

And "They lost me at Manticore"; the video's 🧀 FX didn't help!👍👍

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Like I said on the other post...

I hope it can fly (wings notwithstanding), because they missed the boat, and burnt the bridges!

Or in plan English, too little too late!

And "They lost me at Manticore"; the video's 🧀 FX didn't help!👍👍

I'll wait for Jeff McClendon's (get back on your feet soon, my friend, you got work to do) and Andy Benson's reviews.  They know best how I hunt and what I hunt in and have not steered me wrong. 

But I'm thinking, this is not a game changer for me, but another incremental VLF release that has a few desirable bells and whistles perhaps missing on Nox but no game changers.  But also no real improvement/innovation on ergonomics (just a CF shaft and custom clevis they will use as an excuse to overcharge for while conveniently hiding under the exorbitant pricing of XP) and that's really disappointing.  The disingenuous silence/blame shifting spin regarding the open secret flaws associated with Nox watertight integrity and their continued lack of commitment to providing accessory coil options (even going out of their way to provide cross platform compatibility between Nox and Vanquish), have left a bad taste in my mouth.   Therefore, not quite willing to take the bait on a technology fix at the expense of my self respect...just yet.  😀

Again, this is my take, and my take alone.  I know it will fill the bill nicely for many.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

I'll wait for Jeff McClendon's (get back on your feet soon, my friend, you got work to do) and Andy Benson's reviews.  They know best how I hunt and what I hunt in and have not steered me wrong. 

I'll likely pass on this one and wait for others reviews. More interested in the Axiom right now that the Manticore. I really can't see what the Manticore is going to offer that's not already available. Looks to me like it's going to target beach and deep coin hunters. I only hunt beaches with a PI anymore and my days of park hunting are basically over. I'm a relic hunter at heart and a PI basically rules that type of hunting as well.

Like others have said, too little too late. Can't keep spending money on every new release that comes out. The Manticore is going to have to be pretty impressive for me to pull the trigger on one. Although I am on a list just in case.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

image.png.cc47454fa1fe253442b9886baa51c0ee.png

Love it!  

Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at the "Manticore" decision meeting to see what names didn't make the cut.

I seriously don’t like scorpions (stung way too many times). Meerkat……..really cute. Manticore……is such a sciagurato choice for a nice looking detector. Still no interest in this ridiculously named detector………

• Like 2

Ok Jeff,

I really want you to get better, but why are you making me translate Italian!!?🍀👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Hugh, it will be a long wait……My Nox 800s are still doing just fine, the Legend is way better than I expected and the Deus 2 Lite that I settled on after selling my Deus 2 remote have my VLF needs totally covered. I don’t need better ergonomics, waterproofing, an extra 1/4” inch provided by a huge coil that won’t be any better than an 11” in high iron mineralization, and an Fe/Co screen to slow me down with something else to look at. I already know with a high degree of certainty what I am about to dig with the detectors I have.

When I can hobble or walk, I use a SMF VLF everyday since coins and jewelry are abundant around here, but still not interested in this new Minelab detector.

Like I said earlier the Manticore (I need to hear a Minelab affiliated Aussie actually pronounce it) would have to be ‘lights out” better than what I already have to make me seriously look at it in the near future. Plus I won’t be looking at it through the viewpoint and attitude of a couple of famous US YouTube influencers. That crap is not going to influence me.

You will have to find another trusted source if you actually believe I am one?????  Sorry, won’t be me.

• Like 5