New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

23 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Ok Jeff,

I really want you to get better, but why are you making me translate Italian!!?🍀👍👍

Same reason that Minelab have made us find out what the hell Manticore means…..totally obscure and a mishmash of languages (misspelled) to boot. Why they picked that name can only be based on some kind of marketing arrogance. It’s not as fun to say as sciagurato!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" I believe it says Minelab on it too. History has shown so far at least if you see that logo you get performance. The Equinox 800 has been very good to me, and if this detector has more features and upgrades that's all that matters to me.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Same reason that Minelab have made us find out what the hell Manticore means…..totally obscure and a mishmash of languages (misspelled) to boot. Why they picked that name can only be based on some kind of marketing arrogance. It’s not as fun to say as sciagurato!

1st , you will pick up the scorpion and get a poisonous sting as in sticker shock. Then , having the brainless human head , you say I'll buy that ! And finally , the ML Lion will eat you and your wallet. Then off to another victim....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I'm not a fan of the name either. How do they come up with this stuff? It's sure not by polling metal detector users. I detect Chicago marketing types thinking they are smart. I would have just went with Equinox 1500.... cause you pretty much know that's what it is going to cost, and Minelab has a long history of tying the model number to the selling price.

I just added the Manticore to the Detector Database, will update the page as details arrive.

minelab-manticore-detector-controls-lcd-screen.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Manticore……is such a sciagurato choice for a nice looking detector.  (emphasis mine)

Whoa.  I have occasionally felt guilty throwing uncommon (but English language) words into my posts.  Not anymore!  :laugh:  I even studied Italian a bit but apparently not deeply enough to recognize that word.

21 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I detect Chicago marketing types thinking they are smart.  (emphasis mine)

Steve, I'm going to have to ask you to quit picking on our 'Midwest capital'.  :biggrin:  Well, that's if your term is meant in general.  OTOH, Gerry just a day ago took a swipe at Minelab Americas which is located in a Chicago suburb.  If that's the subtle dig in your comment, have at it.

Sincerely just kidding you guys while awaiting for the official announcement (less than 3 hours from now).  Don't want to be guilty of "pot calling the kettle black."  (Jeff, you may prefer: Il bue dice 'cornuto' all'asino.😏

• Like 2

The only clues we have are visual. 99% of the secrets are in the software and microchips. Just have to wait.

You have to admit since the introduced the Equinox two other mfgs have stepped up to try and surpass the Equinox as the king of the detector hill and done a pretty good job competing or even beating the 800.

• Like 3

But seriously guys. I've gone through 3 Nox's. Though they paid for themselves in finds , there were a few things that "just weren't right" as you all know. I'm looking forward in just a few hours to get more info on this machine. I know it will be more than the current Nox price. Just hope it's not a stupid price. Regardless , I will still wait a few months so some actual reviews come in. But I'm entering MY hunting season soon. So , if the price is right and when it's actually available , well....

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

But seriously guys. I've gone through 3 Nox's. Though they paid for themselves in finds , there were a few things that "just weren't right" as you all know. I'm looking forward in just a few hours to get more info on this machine. I know it will be more than the current Nox price. Just hope it's not a stupid price. Regardless , I will still wait a few months so some actual reviews come in. But I'm entering MY hunting season soon. So , if the price is right and when it's actually available , well....

Hi KOB,

If Minelab have sorted out the waterproofing, coil ear/armrest breaking issues and shaft issues that saltwater hunters quickly encountered with the Equinox for guys like you…….that would be fantastic since Equinox owners already know how well Multi IQ tech functions internally in salt and iron mineralization. 

Nobody should take anything I have said about me being not particularly interested in Manticore as a slight against it other than the name is ridiculous. I just don’t need another new detector right now.

• Like 1