New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

3 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That’s more like it. Comes with 11” coil, and I can choose a 5.5” x 8” as a second coil right off the bat. No waiting a year for one of my favorite coil sizes.

Great size for sure, I hope it's a closed loop mechanical design.

2 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Great size for sure, I hope it's a closed loop mechanical design.

Doubt it. Wanna bet it’s a V8 remake? They have the mold, though it would be modified for the new earless mount. And notice, same marketing genius wrapped the cable for this photo! :laugh:

9EC8BC59-AA0E-4A9D-AF62-27352834C8D0.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Doubt it. Wanna bet it’s a V8 remake? They have the mold. And notice, same marketing genius wrapped the cable for this photo! :laugh:

9EC8BC59-AA0E-4A9D-AF62-27352834C8D0.png

We'll see.  I fail to understand why they can't make these a close loop design, can't be a COGs issue.

9 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

We'll see.  I fail to understand why they can't make these a close loop design, can't be a COGs issue.

Yes, you will. :laugh: I have to admit I wonder why people doubt what I say sometimes. I always know way more than I ever say, but I do try to offer hints.

Marketing. They think closed means gold prospecting, open means everything else. They could do it, they simply won’t. Believe me, I’ve tried….

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/6435-6x10-coil-for-minelab-equinox/

minelab-equinox-with-6-x-10-dd-coil.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, midalake said:

Except for all that internal coil bracing in the picture. Which is gonna really suck in the sand. Fields too. 

That will leave the door open for someone to design and market a solid skid plate and/or a clam shell coil cover to keep things from filling the "bathtub". Wouldn't work in the water, but, that should work good on land.

11 minutes ago, midalake said:

Except for all that internal coil bracing in the picture. Which is gonna really suck in the sand. Fields too. 

Was referring to the M8, which enables me to maneuver around obstacles.  Def won't be a water machine if I ever do get the Manginot.  

• Like 1

Some of the features sound a lot like White’s TX Boost and SignaGraph… I wish Minelab would also include a full color screen and the ability to analyze SMF signals independently.