New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

In the AF we had what you call OJT and that’s on the job training. I think someone out there needs to learn how to wrap a coil cable.

I wish one day I could order a detector with a coil are coils that I wanted not something I have no need for.

Chuck 

• Like 2

I'm quite glad I didn't buy a Legend or Deus 2 now.  Holding off actually worked for me, I had hoped a new Equinox would come out, I was kinda expected it next year but sooner is better than later 🙂  I like all I see so far.

• Like 5

Are there any images of this with anything other than the 15 inch coil?  Was that the coil used for weight comparison to the Equinox?

What is the comparison to the Nox and its 15 inch coil weight?

8 hours ago, scoopjohnb said:

An early bird hinted to me that it sounded like an F75 on steriods. 

God I hope not!   Once your memory muscle syncs with the Equinox full tones audio, it works great. 

I used a F75 LTD/LTD2 for almost ten years, the audio wasn't great, definitely not Delta Pitch.  Audio fatigue was a thing on the F75, very digital artificial in nature.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

God I hope not!   Once your memory muscle syncs with the Equinox full tones audio, it works great. 

I used a F75 LTD/LTD2 for almost ten years, the audio wasn't great, definitely not Delta Pitch.  Audio fatigue was a thing on the F75, very digital artificial in nature.

That was exactly what I was thinking when he mentioned it. The video showed the Equinox tones, but without the clipping of the tone and more depth modulation.

A nice and very welcome surprise.

Target trace is an excellent feature even when detecting full screen open. Helps to single out the targets that are out of the ordinary. These are the ones I'm interested in as a jewelry hunter.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, abenson said:

I'll likely pass on this one and wait for others reviews. More interested in the Axiom right now that the Manticore. I really can't see what the Manticore is going to offer that's not already available. Looks to me like it's going to target beach and deep coin hunters. I only hunt beaches with a PI anymore and my days of park hunting are basically over. I'm a relic hunter at heart and a PI basically rules that type of hunting as well.

Like others have said, too little too late. Can't keep spending money on every new release that comes out. The Manticore is going to have to be pretty impressive for me to pull the trigger on one. Although I am on a list just in case.

abenson -- how did you get on a list already?

Steve

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

GPX 6000 is Bluetooth only, and if Chase is right, so is this. So any compatible Bluetooth receiver module would work

Well - I‘ve tried some BT receivers and always had the feeling, I‘ve potentially missed something. Some modules mute/disable audio, if there‘s no constant input, and don‘t come on fast enough on the first bleep.

At first I didn‘t like the WM08 - now I use it 100% of the time.

Seem‘s like the BT testing nightmare continuous, if I ever get my hands on that machine 🙄☺️

From a water guy’s perspective as was mentioned those braces displace a lot of water especially with a lot of current.  I like the upgraded shaft.  About time they improved their locks and got rid of the aluminum.  Tho again I wonder will we get this $155 crappy yellow phones?   I normally put a nylon sticker over the external speaker since I never use it.  Ears on the lower shaft…. Hummm.  I don’t know that that will be an improvement over just making their ears thicker.  We tend to balance ourselves with the machine when getting beat around out there scooping.  After a year or so …. set your detector straight up and you may see it leaning in one direction.   I’d like to see one batter in the back of the shaft like the MDT…. Easy to swap at $5.  I really like what I’m seeing on the screen.   Now salt balance?  With the added 50% increase in power (which is about what you get from beach 2 to beach 1) a salt balance would quite it down out there.

• Like 3