New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

The Legend is quite close to the Nox 800 though, our hopes are this one performs better than the Nox, which is very likely, so while on paper they may sound similar it's the performance that should be the significant difference between this and the Legend, a wait and see I know but I've got my hopes up.

The Nox for me has what I consider excellent Target ID's only beaten by the CTX, if this detector can get the CTX level of ID's I'd be happy as for me it'd make it the ultimate all rounder, at the moment I use my Nox for some things and my CTX for others, If they were now both combined into one detector then what more could I ask for.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, strick said:

... you guys can make fun of the name all you want but I’ll be getting a Manicure most likely. 😝

strick

I could give a rats a$$ what it's called, as long as it works 😲

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, V3i/MXT Pro said:

For anyone that’s ever used the boost mode on an F75 or V3i, you already know that the additional power is often accompanied by additional noise. I’ve personally found limited use for those hopped-up modes… Usually, further analysis of a deep target in accommodating ground conditions.

The F75 LTD/LTD2 with BP (Boost Process) was a very good technology applied to the right circumstances.  The F75 was a VERY noisy machine, and for ultimate depth if that's what you desired you were working in the noise and audio fatigue would wear you out, but it did have it's positives.   After upgrading my F75 LTD to the LTD2 (after an intervention from Dave Johnson as FTP screwed up the first attempt) the upgrade allowed me to pull a bust silver half from an iron infested site that had already been pounded by several other machines.  It was a measured 10" deep and came in crystal clear.  Unfortunately any mineralization killed it, as did iron rust particles which blinded the machine.  Shame they never really evolved the F75 much beyond their constant rebranding to the point where it was simply silly (I guess they took a play from the White's sales play book).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, abenson said:

I realize we don't know all the specifics about the Maticore yet. But from what we do know a few things stand out to me if a person were on the fence about making a purchase between the Manticore and a similar priced recently released detector. Bluetooth audio rather that proprietary audio. Vibrate function, flash light, wider range of coil sized. Most likely less cost for accessory coils, possibly aftermarket coil availability, 2D with target trace and better EMI immunity. Any or all of those things may not matter to some. But it definitely has me thinking.

Cheaper assessors coils is a BIG deal. I've got 3 coils for my d1, and ya know those ain't cheap

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Considering it's light years ahead in the weight department over their legacy Etrac/CTX machines, and they still managed to shave off a little bit

Yep, they replaced the entire Nox shaft system with CF on the Mandible and manged to shave an ounce.  I replaced the shaft on my Nox with a Steveg CF system and saved about 3 oz.  Hopefully, the additional non-shaft weight on the Manitorque was utilized to shore up the control pod and handle watertight integrity giving it an impressive 2 meters of additional depth capabilty.  The Beast should truly be a beast in the water now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

I watched the newer video where the guy was waving his wedding ring around by the coil and was pleasantly surprised to hear that all too familiar audio that's music to my ears 😁

Eddie Van Halen's 20 Greatest Solos – Rolling Stone

Are you serious ? Eddie Freaking Van Halen ! My favorite guitar hero of all time. Seen many times way back....RIP

• Like 3

From Encyclopedia.com:

"In ancient Greek culture, the manticore represented the unknown lands of Asia, the area it was said to inhabit. In later times, the manticore was recognized by many Europeans as a symbol of the devil or of the ruthless rule of tyrants."

Hmmm, are you trying to send a message Minelab? :laugh:

So people called the Equinox the Nox. What will this be. I'm already seeing Beast. Or will it be Manti - a type of dumpling:smile:

For when your buddy is digging nothing but trash with his new manticore "Don't get your Manti all in a bunch" 

• Haha 7