New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

Just having some more fun with this ridiculous name for a detector.........

Another candidate for the Equinox 1500 Mascot... if you have two of them......Mantisimage.jpeg.e65689f86a3e890d9e727425c0fa1a5d.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Mantis is good name. I like that. Lets change the name.

• Like 1

I'm struggling not to call it the Nox 1000, the name it should have been.... why not ride off the success of the Nox.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I'm struggling not to call it the Nox 1000, the name it should have been.... why not ride off the success of the Nox.

At least in the US, Nox 1500 is more accurate. They should rename the Equinox 800, the Equinox 1000 and do a couple of more updates to cover the greedy increase of its original $899 USD price.

In all seriousness, I am a gigantic Minelab Equinox lover and user. As long as mine works it will get used even if it has several battery replacements. 

Other than the leaking issues, wobbly cheap shaft, coil ears and arm rests breaking and no Pitch tones for the Park, Field and Beach modes,  in my opinion and for the places I hunt, the Equinox 800 is just about perfect warts and all. And I really like its name since I am into astronomy.

Manticore just doesn't do it for me. Maybe the detector will.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, phrunt said:

You mean the Equinox, right?  I remember when it was released someone here hoping it wouldn't be called the 'Nox' since that made them think of 'noxious'.  It stuck like flys to flypaper....

The head Minelab engineer (isn't that what they called him in the video?), when wearing his marketing hat, said something about the Montreal being a new creation, neither a CTX3030 nor an Equinox.  Oh, and he said more than once how powerful it is.  All I kept thinking of was Tim Allen in that 30 year old TV sitcom Home Improvement where his character had a TV show in which they highligted tools and how to use them.  A standard line was "more power!" and then they'd grunt like cavemen.  (Come to think of it, that kinda fits.  :laugh:)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

As long as we're butchering the name, is this a good mascot?

manatee.thumb.jpeg.92cda1e9d086e0dcdbc457c6d003c491.jpeg

I'm not trying to be negative here but if Minelab somehow drops the ball and does not correct the flooding issues that plagued the mighty Nox then the Manatee would be a very appropriate name indeed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

It could be that the Nox 1000 is down the road. With a name like Manitcore is a all together different breed of detector . I guess if they would come out with another  I guess they could just add a 2 on the end of the next one.

I’d like to know who came up with that name. I do believe that was a long reach into the past.

I don’t see myself getting one due to the fact my cup run over with more detectors than I need now .

Now if the powers that be comes down and speaks to be saying buy it then that’s the way it will be.

Everyone is trying to make a name out of the first part of Manitcore. I myself just would call it Core . 
 The only problem I’m having with that name is core is the center of a shaft.

That could be telling me something .

Chuck