New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

54 minutes ago, phrunt said:

lets say a type of nail, this nail on the large iron range came in for example at -22, but you wanted to dig iron relics but avoid that particular nail that's everywhere, you could ignore -22 and get most of the good iron targets you wanted to get.

I see a Horseshoe mode on the Manticore. I hunt with the horseshoe mode ON with the Equinox. This is the only way the ferrous mode is accepted.

Minelab is going to have to come up with some special sauce on that iron range stuff, Because: I find iron targets on the Equinox bounce all over the place. Rarely do I EVER see a ferrous target lock. This will be interesting to watch!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

If they had called it the Beast then they could have included Beast Mode and at the flip of a switch 50% more power and 100% more depth plus it would also jam all other detectors within a 1 mile radius.  It would be glorious.

It would make a 6000 go nuts 100 miles away...

strick 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

What will this be. I'm already seeing Beast.

Maybe this 1605 woodcarving of the Manticore will make you unsee Beast.. Mongrel might be a better name..   

220px-ManticoraTHoFFB1607.png

• Haha 2

I really like everything I hear, it sounds like Minelab have resolved the issues the Nox had, build quality issues might well be a thing of the past, I'm optimistic on this one. 

I sure am glad I didn't jump the gun and buy the competitors recent products as I've always been very happy with my Nox performance so if this gives me that bit more performance along with a better build quality I'd be completely satisfied as long as they do the 6" coil again for it, a 10x5" would be nice too but I'd much prefer the 6" again for my prospecting and I'd use the bigger 15" coil for everything else, I'd rarely use the 11".

• Like 1

Nice video  🙂  but no question 🤢 ( then no answer .. ) about the exact target depth improvement vs the Equinox or vs the competition .. 

Then lets wait for the field tests   ...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, abenson said:

Contact any Minelab dealer and they will put you on a list to get one as they come available.

Done, LOL!  😉

Steve

• Like 1