New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

Just having a bit more fun with the name Manticore.....

Every time I hear the Minelab Chief Engineer Mark Lawrie (Australian) pronounce it, I hear Manacle or Manticle. We know what a manacle is, that's easy.  Manticle.........y'all can look that one up for yourselves. One reference is to a type of warship from Star Trek. The other reference is a lot more male specific/personal.

Over here in Germany, it‘s double the price I‘ve paid for the Nox including a carbon shaft, and well beyond the D2.

I think with that strategy they’ll sell far less, than they did with the Nox.

Maybe they have to wash in some money for all the Nox warranty-repairs 🤠

I‘d like to upgrade, but for that pricetag I yet can‘t justify why.. so it has to wait.

• Like 3

On 8/30/2022 at 12:24 AM, palzynski said:

And now lets compare with the other SMFs including the competition , from the lowest to the highest ,  prices from France :

1) Nokta Legend      ->  from  799 E
    Nokta Makro Legend WHP - Le détecteur Multi Fréquence Simultanée (maisondeladetection.com)

2) ML Equinox 600   -> from 799 E

Minelab EQUINOX 600 : Détecteur ultra polyvalent, multifrquence ou VLF (maisondeladetection.com)

3) XP Deus2              ->  from 869 E
    Détecteur XP Deus 2 FMF Mini : Le XP Deus 2 FMF à petit prix ! (maisondeladetection.com)
    + S telescopic Lite shaft 

4) ML Equinox 800   -> from 1099 E

Détecteur Minelab EQUINOX 800 : 5 fréquences au choix ou multi-fréquences simultanées. (maisondeladetection.com)

5) ML Manticore       -> from 1999 E
    Détecteurs MINELAB Manticore - metaux-detection

Oops this post could go to the detector comparison forum, I always forget that rule ...

You forgot the Vanquish series starting at $199 for the 340 to $499 for the 540 Pro Pack...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sinclair said:

Over here in Germany, it‘s double the price I‘ve paid for the Nox including a carbon shaft, and well beyond the D2.

I think with that strategy they’ll sell far less, than they did with the Nox.

Maybe they have to wash in some money for all the Nox warranty-repairs 🤠

I‘d like to upgrade, but for that pricetag I yet can‘t justify why.. so it has to wait.

I have the same thoughts as you.  I would like to switch to Manticore but for that price it has to give me a lot of things that I can't do with my equinox.  In Spain I can buy two equinox at the price of the manticore

• Like 2

The focus on this release seems to be Europe, they haven't even said the Australian price yet from what I've seen even though it's an Australian brand.  Follow the money seems to be what they do. 

If I convert the Euros to New Zealand dollars its priced higher than a CTX.  It's getting to be the SDC2300 price.  Hopefully that's not where it's going to sit price wise, it's getting a bit crazy.

I've bought my last high end Minelab gold detector now as I'm not at all happy with Minelab and their build quality, this might be my last higher end Minelab coin detector too, at some point I'm satisfied with what I've got and with my GPZ I'm completely satisfied and very happy I just needed to prove that to myself by experiencing a 6000.

The things I'd change with the GPZ aren't things that would make me buy another model for the prices they charge.  The Nox and CTX combination is my ultimate dream machine for coins and jewellery and if it was to exist in a single detector which the Mandible is close to that, as close as I'll get I guess so I'll get one but I'll still likely have to use my Nox for prospecting because of the lack of 6" coil on the Manilow and likely my CTX for deep silvers (we will see with time).

Finds are getting harder over time, eventually they get too hard and you have to hunt further afield each time making hunts less often making all these new detector purchases not as necessary when the old ones still do the job very well.  I'm losing my enthusiasm for new detectors I guess.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TexHunter said:

You forgot the Vanquish series starting at $199 for the 340 to $499 for the 540 Pro Pack...

Yes you are right thx , I have updated the post , see above

Timing is everything and releasing this in the winter (November to February) in Europe is likely to be a disaster. Most of the European Union has seen and is seeing their energy costs rise by 80-100%. People in Hungary are waiting in lines miles long to buy coal and the Germans are out cutting down trees in order to try and stay warm in the upcoming months. I read last night that 70% of restaurants in the UK may close for the winter or longer due to the choice between keeping things warm and serving food to people who likely won't be coming to their restaurant due to $$. How much of this actually comes true is unknown for the moment but I'd bet that sales will be slow enough that a reduction in price just might be around the corner in 2023. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Oh my! 1

yep, expensive here in Canada also but as with my previous Minelab's I'll be able to pay for it with finds. the gold rings I've found so far this year will be good for > $1000 (cdn) of the purchase price ($2079 + 13% tax) in melt value. The rest could be made up from clad finds, as we have $1 and $2 coins here. This isn't taking into account the ability to sell my EQ800 for probably 65% or so of the purchase price if necessary.  I will also get the 15% military discount. 

Regardless, taking the 'Beast' (which is how I'll refer to it) out to my well hunted sites will certainly lead to a lot of fun/pleasure which I would call priceless...cheers

• Like 3

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'm losing my enthusiasm for new detectors I guess.

Same. 

I'll probably get one of these Manacles though, I've been waiting for whatever the EQ800 successor is so I can buy my last VLF and move into the world of target ID like a normal, modern human, this looks close enough.

GPZ 7000 and GPX 6000 were starting to sound way too futureman technonerd for my tastes anyways. That's too many thousands for me. I for one am happy to see the Manicure reverting back to old school fantasy-based nerding again.

image.png.7b9a8e9257a6b7592f52c564362b1add.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3