New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

3 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Being semi-retired, living on USA Social Security and a tiny pension.......I dig pennies and anything else that sounds like a coin or jewelry. I definitely enjoy metal detecting of all sorts for the fun of it, but I also have my eye on how much it costs to buy a detector, pay for gas and how much finds are paying me back for walking my dog........

I don't get stressed over it but I don't ignore how much money goes into the bank from modern US coins and jewelry melt value either.

Jeff I get it..and there are a lot of retired guys here with fixed incomes...but when they complain about the price...my solution is still a simple one...get a job and quit complaining about the price 🙂 some day I’ll be in the same boat and thinking differently maybe...but one more thing to consider is it took over 3 years to develop this detector...Minelab had to pay all these engineers for that...I wonder what that cost them?

strick 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, strick said:

Jeff I get it..and there are a lot of retired guys here with fixed incomes...but when they complain about the price...my solution is still a simple one...get a job and quit complaining about the price 🙂 some day I’ll be in the same boat and thinking differently maybe...but one more thing to consider is it took over 3 years to develop this detector...Minelab had to pay all these engineers for that...I wonder what that cost them?

strick 

I have absolutely no problem with the USA price of the Manticle, oops Manticore. I am a sucker for anything that is actually substantially better than my beloved Equinox and that is based on similar SMF tech. I mean, Geez, I really like the Legend......

• Like 1

Funny.

I don‘t detect for a living and I‘ve never sold a find, too..

How ever - they just went over the top with this one - imho. 

• Like 2

Don't know how many pounds of gold or all the coins found over the years , never really kept track. That's besides the point now. It has always been a fun hobby to me and it's nice to be rewarded some. Though over the last few years with everything going through the roof , I need to rethink it some. I have always been able to payoff my detector within a month or two. But as of recent hunts and others who hunt where I'm at , I have to wonder. How long is it going to take me to payoff a $1500 detector and $5 gas ?  It's no longer a $600 machine and $2 gas. The bottomline is I'm still using my Pulse and not exactly killing it. The gold isn't there. And it's not just me. People don't wear gold like they used to. Nor do they carry change as much either. Add in the fact there are more hunters than ever before. The biggest I feel is the lack of consistent storms/conditions that prevail for my style of hunting. Many things I have no control  over. Anyways , it's still a hobby and that's my dilemma...

• Like 3

I sure hope that woman named 'Michele' (with a USA accent, so is she from Minelab Americas?) in that initial video is right about the $1599 price she indicated would be applicable here.  The prices being tossed around for Europe, Canada, and even the UK have me a bit uneasy.  It makes sense they are trying to compete directly with the Deus 2 and thus the same price (here).  OTOH that may be just an un-intended coincidence I suppose.

I still haven't found enough to pay for my first detector (Gold Bug Pro bought in August 2015) and I'm on detector #7.  I've never sold a detector; haven't even cashed in the clad.  (I did just buy a used Lortone-3 tumbler so I can remedy that last shortcoming soon.  👍)  For me it's a hobby, one of many, and for all of them I'm in the red.  (That's if you don't count the fun.)  Still, I can be impressed (without envy) by the minority who are able to turn a profit, and further I empathize with someone being disappointed when s/he sees detectorists in one country get a much better price than they do, simply because of where they live.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, vive equinox said:

someone understood for the many light settings? I would like to know if everything can be turned off completely?
in the mini manual it is written from 1 to 10, so there is no zero?

I hunt beaches at 80% at night without any lights and if this manticore can't turn off the lights completely then it will be without me

I have read somewhere that the screen light is automatic, it adjusts according to the intensity of external light just like mobile phones, hopefully it has an off mode

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Luis said:

I have read somewhere that the screen light is automatic, it adjusts according to the intensity of external light just like mobile phones, hopefully it has an off mode

yes, its an option, it has a light sensors on it, you can manually adjust it or have it on auto.

22 minutes ago, phrunt said:

yes, its an option, it has a light sensors on it, you can manually adjust it or have it on auto.

That is a nice feature; the Auto display backlight.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, phrunt said:

yes that's what I understood too, but in the manual setting, they say from 1 to 10, which could mean that you cannot completely turn off the light.

it's very important to me, I'm used to detecting, digging and recovering targets in total darkness and I don't want to be seen on the beach with a light even if it is set to minimum on 1 .

Is there anyone who can provide any information on this? can we run manticore without any light??

The automatic adjustable light is probably Nice for my iphone but for a detector i dont see the point here 

we are not continusly with the eyes on the screen