New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

At this point the only thing I don't like about it is the lack of the 6" coil, apart from that it looks great on paper. They say it has enhanced EMI handling which is interesting, I wonder if that just means more control over sensitivity with 1 to 35 now 😜

It does sound impressive though...

Overview

MANTICORE with Multi-IQ+ is the most powerful, fastest, and precise metal detector in Minelab’s history. The heart of MANTICORE is its super-charged Simultaneous Multi-Frequency (MULTI-IQ+) engine. This feat of innovation generates an incredible 50% power increase over the best-selling detector series of all time: EQUINOX. When combined with advanced 2D Target Identification (ID) and rich audio options, the detectorist has every bit of vital information arriving at their eyes and ears. MANTICORE is an unrivalled detecting experience that pushes the boundaries of detecting to deliver more power, more depth, and more finds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vive equinox said:

Is there anyone who can provide any information on this?

If you go to the webpage CPT_Ghostlight linked above (two above your post), on the lower right there will be an icon with the word 'ask'.  Click on that and you will get a form which when completed will be submitted to Minelab.  I did that and they answered my questions via e-mail in just a couple hours (well, I think when they arrived for work in the morning).

4 hours ago, vive equinox said:

yes that's what I understood too, but in the manual setting, they say from 1 to 10, which could mean that you cannot completely turn off the light.

it's very important to me, I'm used to detecting, digging and recovering targets in total darkness and I don't want to be seen on the beach with a light even if it is set to minimum on 1 .

Is there anyone who can provide any information on this? can we run manticore without any light??

The automatic adjustable light is probably Nice for my iphone but for a detector i dont see the point here 

we are not continusly with the eyes on the screen 

Why not just put a black sock over it for when you hunt at night? Set the light to it's lowest setting and then cover the screen up.  Or make a black piece of plastic that you can just put over the display. You can use rubber bands or Velcro to keep it in place. I would never not buy a machine for something I can solve to my liking fairly easily.

• Like 3

On 8/27/2022 at 4:25 PM, Chase Goldman said:

No it's 50% more than single frequency detectors - because it HAS to be if you are combining 2 or more transmit waveforms together.  The ambiguous pseudo tech marketing hype continues and just causes confusion. SMH

Nor according to Tom Danjowski who's been part of the dev ops and test team for the MC the past three years.  He stated it's across the board, single freq and SMF. 

We can also put to rest that their claimed 50% power increase is compared to a Bounty Hunter, it's compared to the all mighty Equinox itself as per Minelab:

This feat of innovation generates an incredible 50% power increase over the best-selling detector series of all time: EQUINOX. 

Between what Dankowski and Minelab themselves are sharing, this is turning out to be a very interesting detector, at least on paper so to speak.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Why not just put a black sock over it for when you hunt at night? Set the light to it's lowest setting and then cover the screen up.  Or make a black piece of plastic that you can just put over the display. You can use rubber bands or Velcro to keep it in place. I would never not buy a machine for something I can solve to my liking fairly easily.

So you confirm that we can't run with light off?

come on, I can't see myself buying a 2000 bucks detector and having to stick Velcro which will dirty the screen and take water and sand

a black sock, why not but that adds a detail to think about and to be able to touch the settings you would have to put it on halfway, not even sure that it holds all the hunting and that it completely hides the light.

this is not a golf driver we are talking about

moreover, completely turning off the lights can be useful for those who want to save a little battery

I remain perplexed that minelab did not think of a 0 for the adjustment of the lights🤔