New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

8 minutes ago, unox said:

my Deus 2 cost me $2499 as well.

I was trying really hard not to make the comparison.. 🙂 That's also what I paid for my Deus II.. I was hoping for something a bit cheaper as well, that price would have to justify a hell of a performance gain.. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Thanks, steveg!  I understood a lot on the first reading and I'll reread after checking out more screen photos of the Mambocorp.  The ML Explorer (digital) readout seems more intuitive but I guess in practice the later normalized methods were more informative?  (Or is it the typical "dumbing down" for the least common denominator type of detectorist?)

Good stuff.

GB -- I think it was a bit of "dumbing down," as you say.  For me, and I know other Explorer users who said so, the way FE numbers behaved gave helpful information to the user, whereas once you "force" the FE numbers to read "12" all the time, you lose some of that...

Just my opinion.

Steve

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

SteveG I agree with you on a lot of that Ferr/con.  I more often than not watched that smart screen then checked out the con digit.  We all learned the silver tinkle watched deep coins like nickels move to points no where near an air test coin.  Took me some time to realize what weak targets were… I really gained a lot of depth once it clicked.

dewcon -- exactly!  When you learned how deep coins "moved" in their ID, with depth (nickels were a great example of that, as you note), that was key to unlocking the depth capabilities of the Explorer series.  A deep nickel for me was high teens FE many times, and once you learn that, you were able (with the stock coil) to KILL on deep nickels.  The interesting thing, though, is I found that the stock 11-inch "Pro" coil was the only one you could do that with, on the nickels specifically.  When I switched to the Detech 13" ultimate, I gained depth for silver coins, which is really what I target, BUT, completely lost the Pro coil's ID behavior on deep nickels...

Anyway, good memories!  And for those who I exasperated with that earlier, long post trying to answer GB_amateur's questions, my apologies...

Steve

6 hours ago, NAGANT said:
From a dealers Q&A.   What does the term "50% more power", exactly mean? Does it mean the battery charge last longer, more detection depth or what? 

Looks like the answer is 50% more depth ... at least for our local dealers ... 😀 :

Minelab Manticore - Détecteur aux performances incroyables - Pré-commande (lutece-detection.com)

Capture1.PNG

Détecteur Minelab Manticore : Le plus puissant des multifréquences (maisondeladetection.com)

Capture2.PNG

• Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

2 hours ago, palzynski said:

No one should take that dealer seriously.  

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, dewcon4414 said:

No one should take that dealer seriously.  

Or no one should take ML seriously  ? ... 🙂

3 hours ago, palzynski said:

2000 balles ...c’est pas donné bon sang 😒

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NAGANT said:
From a dealers Q&A.   What does the term "50% more power", exactly mean? Does it mean the battery charge last longer, more detection depth or what? answer now
Asked by blank on August 31, 2022 4:43 PM
Answered by the admin 

MULTI IQ+:  Minelab’s revolutionary technology has 50% more power than traditional models and is the highest-powered simultaneous multi-frequency machine on the market.

This statement refers to the Multi-Frequency In Phase and Quadrature Synchronous Demodulation technology Minelab developed. Comparing single frequency VLF vs. Multi-IQ, Multi-IQ can provide a much greater target accuracy and better detecting performance, especially in difficult ground.

Statement from Dr Philip Wahrlich, Minelab's principal technology physicist, about a key difference of Multi-IQ compared to the demodulation taking place in conventional single frequency VLF detectors:

“Within the Multi-IQ engine, the receiver is both phase-locked and amplitude-normalized to the transmitted magnetic field – rather than the electrical voltage driving the transmitted field. This field can be altered by the mineralization in the soil (in both phase and amplitude), so if the receiver was only phased-locked to the driving voltage, this would result in inaccurate target IDs and a higher audible noise level. Locking the receiver to the actual transmitted field, across all frequencies simultaneously (by measuring the current through the coil) solves these issues, creating a very sensitive AND stable detector”.

This answer is the stock Treasure Talk discussion from 4 years ago for Multi-IQ on the Nox.  Sheds no light on what Multi-IQ+ brings to the table for the Mumblemouth.  SMH.  In other words, Minelab is not providing the information to the dealers to answer such questions.  Dealers are on their own...Good Luck trying to explain the premium pricing over Nox.

• Like 1