New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

1 hour ago, ricardoman said:

No translation, but Lawrie speaks in English. He says it discriminates deeper with better target separation. 

Depth test : a 10g copper coin at 50cm depth ...  Guys you can sell your GPX , GPZ , AXIOM , AQs , Tarsacci  etc the Manticore will outperform them all ... 🙂

btw I know the dealer of the video , I have tested 2 or 3 detectors for him a few years ago . I know his test , the box is filled with sand which has a very low mineralization which involves ( much ) more depth than in a normal soil . Frankly it is not a realistic test for me ..

Then difficult to draw conclusions from this test , unless somebody knows what 50cm detection depth in sand means in real ground ... 

Capture.PNG

• Like 2

In my ground it likely means 50cm! 🙂  Sounds promising.  Yes of course people in bad ground won't get the same results but its pleasing to see any improvements for us in mild ground.  The CTX has noticeable depth improvements over the Nox in my soil, so perhaps the Muncheros has caught up to the CTX in mild soils or possibly beaten it?

You would think depth improvements in mild ground may give some small depth improvements in bad ground, at least you would hope.   Either way, bad ground people will have the extra power there should they wander into some milder soils.

You can't drive 100 miles an hour on a rough lumpy rough dirt road but once that sucker smooths out into a sealed road you can put your foot down!

• Like 3

The new navigation looks great.  The in ground targets they dug,  nothing better really discrimination wise i saw.  A round blip on screen still sounds round to the ear.  And horizontally it corresponds with  the ID no. Love to hear what other more experienced people made of this.

23 minutes ago, phrunt said:

In my ground it likely means 50cm! 🙂  Sounds promising.  Yes of course people in bad ground won't get the same results but its pleasing to see any improvements for us in mild ground.  The CTX has noticeable depth improvements over the Nox in my soil, so perhaps the Muncheros has caught up to the CTX in mild soils or possibly beaten it?

You would think depth improvements in mild ground may give some small depth improvements in bad ground, at least you would hope.   Either way, bad ground people will have the extra power there should they wander into some milder soils.

You can't drive 100 miles an hour on a rough lumpy rough dirt road but once that sucker smooths out into a sealed road you can put your foot down!

To be honest I am not really confident with tests done by dealers . I largely prefer tests done by independent users . It is a pity I dont have a Moneycore I would have had the real depth answer immediately ,both in mild and more mineralized ground  ..

Dealers do tend to focus on the positives and ignore the negatives of things, you wouldn't expect otherwise though.

I wonder why now there is only one gold mode?  I hope they're not taking the focus away from prospecting with it.  In all honestly around here I've not been able to see any performance difference between gold 1 and gold 2 anyway, it does seem odd though they've ditched gold 2.  It could be because I set my own recovery speed and iron bias to 0.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, palzynski said:

Depth test : a 10g copper coin at 50cm depth ...  Guys you can sell your GPX , GPZ , AXIOM , AQs , Tarsacci  etc the Manticore will outperform them all ... 🙂

btw I know the dealer of the video , I have tested 2 or 3 detectors for him a few years ago . I know his test , the box is filled with sand which has a very low mineralization which involves ( much ) more depth than in a normal soil . Frankly it is not a realistic test for me ..

Then difficult to draw conclusions from this test , unless somebody knows what 50cm detection depth in sand means in real ground ... 

Capture.PNG

Good lord!

50 cm = 19.685" 

Thats crazy.

Users are going to need longer shovels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CoinShooter1 said:

Good lord!

50 cm = 19.685" 

Thats crazy.

Users are going to need longer shovels.

Yes and no longer need GPX GPZ etc as I was saying above ... 🙂 

From what I know from previous detector's tests done by this dealer in the past and because of the test done in sand , you can remove 15cm from the given results on the 10g coin test, then the Mcore depth would rather be around 35cm ( instead of 50 )  in normal ground , which would be  a little more than the current best SMF depth results ( around 30:32 cm ) then a 10% depth improvement ..

However if I had just one advice , wait for experimented users feedbacks before ordering/buying ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, palzynski said:

I would have to do my own comparison in my dirt to consider getting rid of my GPX. From past experience even the Tarsacci will not come close to the depth of the GPX. I don't expect the Mantahoe to do much better than about 10% of the best SMF available right now. But I could be wrong.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

Dealers do tend to focus on the positives and ignore the negatives of things, you wouldn't expect otherwise though.

I wonder why now there is only one gold mode?  I hope they're not taking the focus away from prospecting with it.  In all honestly around here I've not been able to see any performance difference between gold 1 and gold 2 anyway, it does seem odd though they've ditched gold 2.  It could be because I set my own recovery speed and iron bias to 0.

I think Simon you have put your finger on the problem. Besides he says '' there are 1 or 2 modes which are being improved at ML. The gold programs were hardly explained in the demonstration. The French Trader explains ''that in agreement with Minelab he does not take paid reservations because the detector is not fully finalised''. the barrel test remains questionable, BUT, 50 cm on a 2.50 cm bronze coin is promising and better than the Equinox for sure. The field tests would have been done on a very mineralized zone and under high voltage lines, it is what he declares, the other detectors (Nox and others) having more serious problems of stability than Manticore. Now for us in Europe it's going to be a godsend, as you can see we have 2000 years of history under our feet but with many types of iron, recent or old. All I can hope for the seller and lawrie is that archaeologists are not going to watch the video .

• Like 3