New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

23 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Also I don't recall user saved settings (memory slots / 'profiles') being covered.  I've put in a question to Minelab from their Manticore webpage.  I'll report back with their response.

Well, I guess the honeymoon is over.  Here's the response I got:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the new Minelab MANTICORE.

You can read the latest released information about MANTICORE on the Minelab website at the below link, which is being frequently updated with all the product details.

https://www.minelab.com/usa/metal-detectors/manticore

To keep up to date with all the latest MANTICORE information please follow our social media pages or subscribe to the Minelab E-newsletter. Please click on the below links to subscribe or follow.

Minelab E-Newsletter
https://www.minelab.com/subscribe

Minelab Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/MinelabMetalDetectors

--
Kind regards;
Martha
Minelab Customer Care

In other words:  Have a question?  Go through the hoops to ask it.  We'll respond by telling you to read the webpage -- the webpage you were just on and got the "have a question?" popup.  Real nice....  (Better quit now before I say something I'll regret.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Oh my! 2

13 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Well, I guess the honeymoon is over.  Here's the response I got:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the new Minelab MANTICORE.

You can read the latest released information about MANTICORE on the Minelab website at the below link, which is being frequently updated with all the product details.

https://www.minelab.com/usa/metal-detectors/manticore

To keep up to date with all the latest MANTICORE information please follow our social media pages or subscribe to the Minelab E-newsletter. Please click on the below links to subscribe or follow.

Minelab E-Newsletter
https://www.minelab.com/subscribe

Minelab Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/MinelabMetalDetectors

--
Kind regards;
Martha
Minelab Customer Care

In other words:  Have a question?  Go through the hoops to ask it.  We'll respond by telling you to read the webpage -- the webpage you were just on and got the "have a question?" popup.  Real nice....  (Better quit now before I say something I'll regret.)

Just say it. Need a laugh.

• Haha 1

Let's face it, just like every other new detector release, the product isn't in its final version yet. Some other ones still aren't. So it's going to go through changes to get to the "finished" product, and as they get flooded with questions, many of which they can't answer yet, they will do the typical media response runaround rather than say the wrong thing and cause a media nightmare. 😏

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

...as they get flooded with questions, many of which they can't answer yet,...

A simple "that hasn't been finalized..." would be sufficient, as opposed to "read the webpage", a webpage that doesn't have the answer.

I for one got spoiled with Lawrie's answers to questions.  As mentioned, I don't remember him saying how many user saved customization slots would be included.  (Maybe he did and it just didn't register with me.)  Regardless, I don't think he would have responded "read the webpage" to any serious question about features/capabilities.

There is a "side soft key" with a human silhouette (similar to Equinox "User Profile" key) in the Getting Started Guide, also called "user configurable soft key" on the Overview page.  On the tech specs page under 'Shortcuts' it lists "1 [User Button]".  So at least as of now(?) there appears to be some kind of memory for the user to save customized setting(s).  I hope there will be more than just one -- Equinox had only one "User Profile" storage slot.

Ten user profiles are available, which is great.  Initially thought it was on website, the below was search modes.  

However,  I have seen video with the ten user profiles available.   

Screenshot_20220916-125955_Brave.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Let's face it, just like every other new detector release, the product isn't in its final version yet. Some other ones still aren't. So it's going to go through changes to get to the "finished" product, and as they get flooded with questions, many of which they can't answer yet, they will do the typical media response runaround rather than say the wrong thing and cause a media nightmare. 😏

So it's not it's final price then neither !

I think I have seen enough to suss it as an over priced slightly higher powered Nox. 

Might have few things on it that would be useful but it's not enough. And far to much money.

Pity. But my ET's will keep going for a few years .

I’m trying to play catch up, but do we know if the standard programs revert to factory settings after the machine is turned off unless they’re saved or saved to a custom program, or do they stay as tweaked?  Looks very interesting though.

1 hour ago, MFF18B said:

I’m trying to play catch up, but do we know if the standard programs revert to factory settings after the machine is turned off unless they’re saved or saved to a custom program, or do they stay as tweaked?  Looks very interesting though.

Don't know for sure, but I do know there is Factory Reset available in the menu system, so that would make it seem that changes to the factory programs would be retained when machine powered off...otherwise Factory Reset option wouldn't even be needed....???

• Like 3