New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

I suspect the volume overdrive is bit like the volume gain on the CTX?

https://www.minelab.com/community/treasure-talk/ups-downs-of-volume-gain

Good link! explanation is about the same in manicure link.  Too trashy it wouldn't be a choice probably.  I am thinking of a couple long abandoned softball fields and a trapshooting range that have been gone over (by me and others I'm sure) hard.  Might help find a few more silvers in places like that. Trap shooters are always fumbling in their pockets and had good luck at those sites. Overdrive not mentioned in specs,  https://www.minelab.com/usa/metal-detectors/manticore

I just hope they got the ergonomics right.  I sold my Nox after a short time because the nose heavy torque was causing my wrist and arm fits.  I've had all kinds of heavy detectors like CTX, V3i, old blue box 6000's, and none of them did a number on me like the Nox. 

Maybe Manicure will have an optional battery pack for mounting under the armcup for those that want better balance/battery life?  Otherwise it'll have to be lead weights and duck tape.  As airplane pilots will tell you, it's weight *and* balance that matters.  

Wayfarer  

Did you pull in the shaft some and run the coil near your feet?

Like you said it’s all about weight and balance but remember it’s not the fall that kills you it’s the sudden stop . I witness that first hand.

The Best!

Chuck 

1 hour ago, Wayfarer said:

I just hope they got the ergonomics right.  I sold my Nox after a short time because the nose heavy torque was causing my wrist and arm fits.  I've had all kinds of heavy detectors like CTX, V3i, old blue box 6000's, and none of them did a number on me like the Nox. 

Maybe Manicure will have an optional battery pack for mounting under the armcup for those that want better balance/battery life?  Otherwise it'll have to be lead weights and duck tape.  As airplane pilots will tell you, it's weight *and* balance that matters.  

I know what you’re saying. On my Legend I actually mount the external battery pack under the arm cuff just to improve the balance point. For me, it swings much better with that 8 ounces of weight hanging on the back. It seems like the recent design trend is to try to break the 3 lb weight threshold at the expense of overall balance.

• Like 1

Cant find weight for manticore coil.  I would guess it's no lighter as it has more webbing + it mounts closer to the heel end a bit compared to the EQ which is on center.  Not much but it has to effect the balance feel smidge. Carbon fiber shaft should help. The handgrip looks better and in video's people say it feels 'good'.  Never really had a nox balance problem but my hand sliding up against the pod gets old.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Wayfarer  

Did you pull in the shaft some and run the coil near your feet?

Like you said it’s all about weight and balance but remember it’s not the fall that kills you it’s the sudden stop . I witness that first hand.

The Best!

Chuck 

Hi RR, yes, well, I'm 6'4" so it was barely adjustable to be long enough as it was without tripping over the coil. 

Ergonomics should be easy right?  There's no engineering trade off, just thoughtful design.   Otherwise it checks all the boxes.  Maybe I can whittle down my detector collection and focus on one machine.  I can't dig everything like I used to, so good target ID and communicative ID are a must.

Totally agree V3i/MXT.  Could be the bad ergos are a result of the marketing department.

• Like 2

On 9/18/2022 at 12:24 AM, CPT_GhostLight said:

Here's a bit more info...

At 2:50 , Lawrie answers to the depth question : "2 or 3 cms more depth for a target at 30cm depth" . 

--> This means a 7 to 10% depth improvement . At least Lawrie is honest , there wont be a 50% improvement as implied by the ML marketing hype ...  He is an engineer , and an engineer is not a dreamer ..

Now lets wait for field tests comparisons because other detectors have deep modes like Deus2 DEEP HC which goes 2 or 3cms deeper than the D2 standard modes .. Curious to see what will be the exact difference between the Mcore and its competitors at the end ...

Capture.PNG

• Like 3

A certain forum ex-member (not Mr C) Youtuber is claiming to have a Manticore, but "is not allowed to show it on camera yet". I wonder how that's going to go...

• Haha 2