New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

Level had down too fast, that brings more negatives....

I impressed about the technology that brought us minelab, IQ is very sensitive to small gold even in extreme bad conditions,  that not enough. You could comeback many times with empty hand in hot spot, while other cheapest metal detectors did pretty well. Otherwise manticore miss gold.

Hamid

15 hours ago, NAGANT said:

Never really had a nox balance problem but my hand sliding up against the pod gets old.

That's pretty much where I am with the Equinox.  I don't find the balance to be an issue, but the pod resting on my hand gets old.  Seems to be a common straight shaft issue.  This was a big issue on the Nokta Impact too, and some people came up with DIY remedies, but realistically we should not have to do hacks to remedy basic ergonomic issues like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cal_Cobra said:

That's pretty much where I am with the Equinox.  I don't find the balance to be an issue, but the pod resting on my hand gets old.  Seems to be a common straight shaft issue.  This was a big issue on the Nokta Impact too, and some people came up with DIY remedies, but realistically we should not have to do hacks to remedy basic ergonomic issues like that.

That was also addressed by Lawrie in some of the videos, saying they changed the grip ergonomics as well.

Manticore-6.jpg

Manticore-3.jpg

• Like 6

On 9/18/2022 at 3:18 PM, schoolofhardNox said:

Maybe Minelab figures it's better to agree than to fight it out with us 😄 It's kind of hard to deny the similarities between the Nox and CTX and the Manticore. Maybe....... they are not afraid of steering away CTX sales since the flagship is probably already scheduled to come out in the next couple of years. Besides CTX sales are probably non-existent these days anyways.

Guys this may not be what you want to hear, but I think detecting technology wise the Manticore is Minelab's new Flagship detector. I could be wrong, but I don't see them coming out with a new expert range hobby detector anytime in the near future after this one. I just really doubt there is going to be another $2,500-$3000 dollar hobby detector. My guess is the CTX is no longer being manufactured. The units they have in a warehouse somewhere is probably all they have other than spare parts. For those crying over no new CTX or waiting for a new CTX I bet your hearts are going to continue to be broken.

The Manticore has been in testers hands for awhile. Maybe some longer than others. There was some guy on Youtube who was talking about a (Beast) of a detector to be released soon. This was June 2021. Most of the list of features match the Manticore's. I would be really surprised if we see another expert level hobby detector from Minelab for awhile. I think any talk of a new $2000.00+ flagship detector in the next two years would be nothing but wishful thinking. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, palzynski said:

At 2:50 , Lawrie answers to the depth question : "2 or 3 cms more depth for a target at 30cm depth" . 

--> This means a 7 to 10% depth improvement . At least Lawrie is honest , there wont be a 50% improvement as implied by the ML marketing hype ...  He is an engineer , and an engineer is not a dreamer ..

Minelab never stated 50% more depth, people are jumping to conclusions.  

That logic would be synonymous with saying that by adding 50% more horsepower to you cars engine, it would double your top speed 🙄

• Like 6

2 hours ago, longbow62 said:

Guys this may not be what you want to hear, but I think detecting technology wise the Manticore is Minelab's new Flagship detector. I could be wrong, but I don't see them coming out with a new expert range hobby detector anytime in the near future after this one. I just really doubt there is going to be another $2,500-$3000 dollar hobby detector. My guess is the CTX is no longer being manufactured. The units they have in a warehouse somewhere is probably all they have other than spare parts. For those crying over no new CTX or waiting for a new CTX I bet your hearts are going to continue to be broken.

The Manticore has been in testers hands for awhile. Maybe some longer than others. There was some guy on Youtube who was talking about a (Beast) of a detector to be released soon. This was June 2021. Most of the list of features match the Manticore's. I would be really surprised if we see another expert level hobby detector from Minelab for awhile. I think any talk of a new $2000.00+ flagship detector in the next two years would be nothing but wishful thinking. 

Could be the flagship with a reduced flagship price due to economic times. Minelab does a good job of balancing sales while kicking the competition a bit, while also just removing enough cash from our wallets to not leave us completely broke 😄 Genius really. The Manticore has all the features and improvements that the Equinox lacked, plus some. It doesn't have to go deeper to be a winner over the Nox.

• Like 1

I'm sure there will be a new CTX at some point, Minelab are in the business of making metal detectors, if they stop with the CTX where are they going to go? Another Mandible replacement already? They hold back technology for new models, its very clearly obvious with the GPZ and it's lack of coils when those with aftermarket non-approved coils know exactly how much they''re holding it back for the GPZ 8000 release.    The release of the Manicure just means the new CTX will be another year or two away yet. 

10 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I'm sure there will be a new CTX at some point, Minelab are in the business of making metal detectors, if they stop with the CTX where are they going to go? Another Mandible replacement already? They hold back technology for new models, its very clearly obvious with the GPZ and it's lack of coils when those with aftermarket non-approved coils know exactly how much they''re holding it back for the GPZ 8000 release.    The release of the Manicure just means the new CTX will be another year or two away yet. 

I don't know if it makes sense to continue with two product lines with the way the Manticore closed the perceived gap between the Equinox and the CTX.

It reminds me of the days when auto manufacturers made similar cars under different brands, like Ford & Mercury.  That model was only sustainable for so long before it blew up.  We shall see. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, longbow62 said:

Guys this may not be what you want to hear, but I think detecting technology wise the Manticore is Minelab's new Flagship detector. I could be wrong, but I don't see them coming out with a new expert range hobby detector anytime in the near future after this one. I just really doubt there is going to be another $2,500-$3000 dollar hobby detector. My guess is the CTX is no longer being manufactured. The units they have in a warehouse somewhere is probably all they have other than spare parts. For those crying over no new CTX or waiting for a new CTX I bet your hearts are going to continue to be broken. I think any talk of a new $2000.00+ flagship detector in the next two years would be nothing but wishful thinking. 

I respectfully disagree. Remember when people started talking about how the Equinox was the new Minelab flagship detector and SteveH kept telling us it was not? There are things going on at ML that we probably can't even imagine and they seemed to have always liked to have a pecking order for detectors. If you look at the current update to the website's front page, you can see their mindset in action in the list of current models. Notice where the Manticore is placed (it replaced the E-Trac's slot) and also where the Equinox is. I would hazard a guess that the Excalibur II will be the next to be replaced followed by the CTX3030. More interesting things are afoot.

ML-Frontpage.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

The pod resting on your hand gets old because it is not comfortable like this.

grip1.JPG