New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

3 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

I don't know if it makes sense to continue with two product lines with the way the Manticore closed the perceived gap between the Equinox and the CTX.

Yup, it's a big wait and see, the gap between the Equinox and CTX is quite large on silver coins in mild soils, especially the very small silver coins.  It's also based upon the assumption they can't improve FBS2 to be FBS3 fixing up where FBS2 is lacking which appears to be recovery speed and difficult soils, neither are of a concern to me though.   In very mild soils the CTX is significantly better than the Equinox on silver I think. 

3 hours ago, midalake said:

The pod resting on your hand gets old because it is not comfortable like this.

grip1.JPG

Hmmm...that's interesting.   How does it balance with the second handle?  I've seen a foam disc slipped in under the control pod too that seemed to work okay. 

• Like 2

Im sure Minelab will continue to bring new and exciting products to the table, just as they always have in the past.

The CTX and Equinox, are still both very capable machines to this day.

As technology advances, they will surely get replaced with yet even better products.

I believe Minelab has a very bright future ahead.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Yup, it's a big wait and see, the gap between the Equinox and CTX is quite large on silver coins in mild soils, especially the very small silver coins.  It's also based upon the assumption they can't improve FBS2 to be FBS3 fixing up where FBS2 is lacking which appears to be recovery speed and difficult soils, neither are of a concern to me though.   In very mild soils the CTX is significantly better than the Equinox on silver I think. 

Different soils definitely play a big part in what works for some and not others.  TomCA has tested the CTX vs the Exp2 and didn't see any difference in depth and the CTX looses the silver tinkle sound the Explorer/Etrac guys love.  At a particular remote site that TomCA and I hunt, he's hit it hard with his Exp2, and I've dug some deep silvers in areas I know he's covered with the Exp2, and when we've compared signals the Exp2 has never been deeper.   

Maybe FBS3 will be a thing.  Minelab could always software throttle the next MIQ if they needed too to keep it underneath the next gen CTX. 

• Like 1

One thing they'll do is restrict coils, they'll do the 17x13" again for the next CTX version and stop the Mantiscone at 15x12".

They use that technique with prospecting machines.  That might give the next gen CTX an edge over the Marrowbone on depth.

Here in ocean of iron, bigger coil is not right tool to choose. Better iron separation and better EMI channel scanning and we are more happy.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, phrunt said:

One thing they'll do is restrict coils, they'll do the 17x13" again for the next CTX version and stop the Mantiscone at 15x12".

They use that technique with prospecting machines.  That might give the next gen CTX an edge over the Marrowbone on depth.

Not sure I'd want to swing a 17x13" or I even could at most of the sites I hunt, but good point on the coils.  That would definitely factor into them controlling the coils. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Not sure I'd want to swing a 17x13" or I even could at most of the sites I hunt, but good point on the coils.  That would definitely factor into them controlling the coils. 

That's how different peoples views are though, it's the only coil I use on my CTX.

9 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Minelab never stated 50% more depth, people are jumping to conclusions.  

Jumping to conclusions and preorders too ... 😃  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Shelton said:

Here in ocean of iron, bigger coil is not right tool to choose. Better iron separation and better EMI channel scanning and we are more happy.

I agree . By far the mostly used coil in Europe ( or at least in France ) for inland hunting is the 9" coil ( or equivalent 10X8) , just because of this "ocean of iron" . The 11" is rather used in cleaner areas ( forrests etc ) .. Nobody uses bigger coils over here except beach hunters ..

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1