New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

It would be really good if the price was $1599A!

I'm eagerly waiting for the manual, the getting started guides available, I've attached it to this post.

4901-0315-1 GSG, MTCR EN_WEB.pdf

• Like 2

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

Well, I'm now in queue for a Mandible, and also all of it's coils.  Let the painful wait begin 🙂

Wow now that is a big leap of faith I hope it lives up to your expectations 

• Like 1

I'm expect the Manticore will have better waterproofing but I don't like the design of the coils for water hunting. Even the 6x8 coil doesn't look designed to sweep through the water easy. I plan on hunting in lakes a lot next year. I'm excited about this detector but the coils will keep me away from this detector unfortunately.

When a detect is made waterproof, it should have coils that go through the water easy. 

Coil.jpg

You know that Minelab just put both Equinoxs on sale to the end of the year. I just don’t see them being Minelab coming out with this Manticore until after the first of next year.

It’s just not good business to come out with a new similar product until you’ve had the opportunity to move that what’s on the shelves at the time.

This gives every dealer opportunity to move what we’ll call old stock and make room for the new . We all know what that is The Manticore.

Chuck 

• Like 2

The NZ dealer told me they are aiming for before Christmas.  Makes sense, why miss the Christmas present rush?  After Christmas is a very bad time to release a product, many people are broke from all their Christmas spending or just less likely to buy a new toy as they've got a heap of other new toys at Christmas 🙂

The $100 off thing is only for the US customers, for some reason most specials like that are, not sure why maybe they think US buyers need a lot more encouragement to buy stuff, just like the Veteran discount being for US only. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

here is the live stream   

Some confusion about the negative 0-100 numbers, she had to check that out but stated "no negative numbers" before someone stated they saw video's that showed them.   Good look at the coil connecter in previous video, about a 6 inch extension basically.  Cheaper then a new coil for sure but surprised it's not a whole lower rod, kinda clunky.  Water hunters what do you think?  Looks like more drag and a weed catcher.  Couldn't tell what their comparing to the gold ring.  Ring was a 26 and the other was either a rusty bottle cap or pull ring or square tab but I.D. was 29.