New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

Guys does that beach look like it’s seen a lot of people traffic? I really don’t see any people other than the one guy.

Now if I wanted to make a video without people blocking are getting in the way I’d go to a beach nobody goes to.

Everyone has picked over a detector not one has had it in their hands. 
 If I was Minelab come April first next year I’d just say April Fools.

Chuck 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CoinShooter1 said:

You guys are being harsh on Minelab.

I clearly see a scoop and backpack in the background of photo!

Not only that, look how wet his pant legs are.

goofy.png

Beware Terry Shannon here comes Minelabs Manticore Man!

Nicely said, Cal_Cobra. I totally get folks voicing their opinions based on past experiences and current marketing perspectives. I agree that Manticore probably shouldn't have been in the top 100 name choices and it makes me wonder what rejected names were... (Chase for the win with Mandymoore!)😆

But even though I'm a detecting noob comparatively, I have learned not to buy a detector based on its name, brand, hype, or what people are saying online so much, but to look at its performance in the real world first.

When I got back into detecting, I almost didn't buy the Equinox because of many folks bashing it and that would have been a huge mistake for me because it changed my life and is responsible for me staying with detecting long enough to get better at it. Minelab has had a reputation for putting out the finest detectors for as far back as I can remember, but I never dreamt I could ever afford one until the Equinox series came out. Maybe it was just a timing thing in my case, but my Nox has never had a problem of any kind so I'm inclined to give the Manticore the benefit of the doubt. However I do think that M-Core sounds high tech as opposed to the Manbearpig name, but that's just me. 😉

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CoinShooter1 said:

I really dont care what they call it !

Manticore is fine with me.

And as long as its truely waterproof, seperates just as well, and detects a few centimeters deeper than the Equinox, you can count me in! 

It needs to separate substantially better than the Equinox both in modern aluminum trash and when detecting non-ferrous in ferrous trash.

I agree with you on the rest of your prerequisites except for the count me in part. That will have to wait in my case until some really unbiased users who aren't fan people, hunt with it for 100+ hours and make some coherent reports. Those users also need to be very familiar and unbiased towards Deus 2 and the Equinox.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

It needs to separate substantially better than the Equinox both in modern aluminum trash and when detecting non-ferrous in ferrous trash.

I agree with you on the rest of your prerequisites except for the count me in part. That will have to wait in my case until some really unbiased users who aren't fan people, hunt with it for 100+ hours and make some coherent reports. Those users also need to be very familiar and unbiased towards Deus 2 and the Equinox.

That's it for me too, I don't need any more depth but the ability to determine what's under the coil a bit better will get me to put my hand in my pocket and buy one.  Been using the Nox for a few years now and it's great at finding the tiniest signals, but lots of my sites are very trashy so if the 2D ID can give a little CTX-ery then I'm in.

• Like 2

I agree also. It has to have very good separation, at least as good as the Deus/Orx. My biggest problem is the coils for water hunting. Why isn't there a coil like the Sovereign/Excalibur for water hunters. I'm also interested in what the 2d display can do.

Has anyone got any info on the audio yet? I believe it's likely to still have Bluetooth aptX LL but the headphones with it are WiStream, the same technology as the WM12, WM10 and WM08 but finally incorporated into headphones.  Previously they've just bought generic headphones and rebadged them as their own product, this time for them to have Wistream it would mean they actually had a manufacturer of headphones custom make some for them.  The wireless logo on the screen of it is the same logo they use for Wistream.  If this is the case I'm sure it won't be backwards compatible with other Wistream products, they seem to put a frequency offset or something in them so they're never compatible with each other, so annoying.

I'm ready to buy, I just need to be able to buy, hopefully before Christmas and hopefully they release the coils at the same time as the detector, I need the big one and little one, the one I don't need is the one it comes with 🙂

• Like 1