New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

I'm not all that interested in any videos, so far.

What I'd really like to see, soon, is a user manual.  I can get more out of that than almost any video ever made.

There's only a couple of "online guys" I pay much attention to when it comes to how machines perform, in my typical dirt and hunting situations.  Both have posted on this thread saying they aren't going to be early adopters.  But, I got in line for one myself, awhile ago.  As Cal said, take the Pepsi challenge for myself.

At the end of the day, that's all that matters - my take, on my own terms.  Not any videos or forum posts.  I'll have one of the first to hit the USA shore, and I'll see for myself.

As Mr. McClendon pointed out, I won't likely post much if anything about my thoughts when I do get it though.  Unless it's just super straightforward factual stuff - my opinions can stay my own.

- Dave

• Like 2

By videos I meant strictly Minelab produced videos showing build improvements and features. Basic menu run thru and navigation. A good view of the 2-d screen and it's function. I don't care to see any tester videos. I"ll test it myself. I pre-ordered like a day or two after it was announced so hopefully I'm close to the front of the line from the place I ordered from. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Has anyone got any info on the audio yet? I believe it's likely to still have Bluetooth aptX LL but the headphones with it are WiStream, the same technology as the WM12, WM10 and WM08 but finally incorporated into headphones.  Previously they've just bought generic headphones and rebadged them as their own product, this time for them to have Wistream it would mean they actually had a manufacturer of headphones custom make some for them.  The wireless logo on the screen of it is the same logo they use for Wistream.  If this is the case I'm sure it won't be backwards compatible with other Wistream products, they seem to put a frequency offset or something in them so they're never compatible with each other, so annoying.

I'm ready to buy, I just need to be able to buy, hopefully before Christmas and hopefully they release the coils at the same time as the detector, I need the big one and little one, the one I don't need is the one it comes with 🙂

I am pretty sure it DOES NOT have a BT radio based on Lawrie's comments in several referenced videos.  See the post here and here (you are aware of them because you commented on the related posts here).  But the one thing that intrigues me is that they do have a "+" symbol next to the WiStream symbol.  That + symbol doesn't really mean anything in the WiStream context but is does mean something in the BT context (it was what ML used as the differentiator between vanilla and low latency BT).

4 hours ago, NAGANT said:

Maybe this is old news but in one of the last videos she said you could use the 6000 head phones with the manchukuo.

Can you be a little more specific.  Who's "she" and what video are you referring to.  It was pretty clear from the documentation an screen shots that the Manticore headphones are not bluetooth and the designer all but confirmed that the LL audio was not BT or at the very least has never explicitly confirmed BT capability for M-core.  So if you have a ML rep going on record it would be good to have a solid reference.

4 hours ago, NAGANT said:

I'm a total dummy at this stuff.  So The 6000 is bluetooth only and uses the ML 100 phone's.  ML100 will work with the manacore.   ML80 are bluetooth but not compatible.   Thought BT was BT, but not when it comes to M/L i guess

Need the video that says ML100 will work with M-Core.  No one said ML80's WON'T work with M-core.  If the ML100's work with M-core, then the ML80's should work as well.  BT is an industry standard.  It is ML's WM08 WiStream (not BT) module that may not be compatible with M-core.  As Simon (Phrunt) has said, even though the WiStream wireless tech is proprietary to ML, ML has no issue with inconveniencing its end users by making the various WiStream products locked to specific detector platforms with no cross-compatibility.  Kind of like their coil MO.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rled2005 said:

Looks like a lot of fiddling with the screen and settings when you could spend more time hunting. What more will you find over what you’ll find with your Equinox?

That's the $1599 question here.

• Like 4

I absolutely can't wait for this detector, a refined Nox, with better quality, even if the performance doesn't exceed the Nox by much at least it's a good build quality that I shouldn't need to buy a heap of aftermarket parts for, my Nox is almost not a Nox anymore, only it's control pod 🙂  I've probably spent as much on my Nox as I will the Mandicore by the time I had all the aftermarket gear for the Nox to make it how I like it.

I shouldn't have to worry about it leaking or the coil ears breaking, sounds good to me.   I love my Nox, this is it's successor so I can only like it even more.

I'm all in with all the coils for it as soon as I can get it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cal_Cobra said:

That's the $1599 question here.

will Manticore be better than Equinox and other other detectors.... Yes, that's really a question for 1950 euros....

...since several of my colleagues will have Manticore from the first shipment, I will see how Manticore can perform in comparative tests and also in Detection..

my colleague Mike from Top Digin.. had the opportunity to test and briefly detect Manticore at a presentation event in the Czech Republic.. so he ordered it..

• Like 5

12 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

will Manticore be better than Equinox and other other detectors.... Yes, that's really a question for 1950 euros....

...since several of my colleagues will have Manticore from the first shipment, I will see how Manticore can perform in comparative tests and also in Detection..

my colleague Mike from Top Digin.. had the opportunity to test and briefly detect Manticore at a presentation event in the Czech Republic.. so he ordered it..

I'd love to detect in the Czech Republic.  I've spent a lot of time there, but regrettably never took a detector there with me. One time there, I drove to a glass museum inside a castle out in the countryside.  Beautiful area.  Once I arrived at the small village where the castle was located the castle immediately came into view as the prominent feature of the village.  The street to the castle, the main promenade if you will, lead to the front doors of the medieval castle on the other side of the bridged moat, had been completely ripped out for hundreds of feet and piled up on the sides.  I could see three different layers of cobblestone.  I so wished I'd brought my detector for that, a medieval sidewalk tear out, ugh.

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 2

14 hours ago, rled2005 said:

Looks like a lot of fiddling with the screen and settings when you could spend more time hunting. What more will you find over what you’ll find with your Equinox?

A lot because I wont be using the Nox that much any more. 🤣 

Seriously with the enhanced target ID screen those that have ran the Etrac and the CTX previously realize the value of this...what those machines lacked...speed, ergonomics and light weight are now in the new machine...I'm on the list as well..

strick

• Like 5
  • Haha 1