New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

15 minutes ago, PSPR said:

I've heard people say putting a little clear silicone jell in the D2 slot that holds the Remote Control will keep it from falling off.  Just give it a day to setup after applying.

When paying that kind of money, why should anyone have to "Gerry rig" or modify anything? These manufacturers should concentrate on quality instead of quick production. Hopefully this is why Minelab has waited this long.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rled2005 said:

When paying that kind of money, why should anyone have to "Gerry rig" or modify anything? These manufacturers should concentrate on quality instead of quick production. Hopefully this is why Minelab has waited this long.

I agree.  But those who already own it need to do something in certain cases.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PSPR said:

I've heard people say putting a little clear silicone jell in the D2 slot that holds the Remote Control will keep it from falling off.  Just give it a day to setup after applying.

That is certainly A possible solution.  I would rather not be gluing the controller to the search rod when i go water hunting.  Fortunately the wired BC headphones do act as a leash of sort to prevent loss.  And since the D2 has a new home, it is all water under the bridge now.   

UtahRich -

1 hour ago, UtahRich said:

That is certainly A possible solution.  I would rather not be gluing the controller to the search rod when i go water hunting.  

UtahRich -

Silicone is pretty flexible after it dries and can generally be pealed off a surface.  A little testing with a tube of it would be in order before using it.

34 minutes ago, PSPR said:

Silicone is pretty flexible after it dries and can generally be pealed off a surface.  A little testing with a tube of it would be in order before using it.

Silicone, duct tape, gorilla tape and a few other options came to mind - in the end, after reviewing the overall Deus 2 package in relation to the hunting I do, I decided a new home for the D2 was the solution. I think the Deus 2 is very capable, just not as good a fit for my situation as i hoped.

No worries, I have my 800 to rely on while Minelab finishes up the Manticore.

UtahRich - 

• Like 1

I have a friend who’s RC is always coming off. Seems his hand is sliding up the handle into the bottom of the RC. I have vet wrap on my handle with a generous portion at the top that prevents my hand from sliding up. I have yet to have my RC pop off, yet. 🤞

• Like 3

it seems no manufacturer is immune to the most simple things being problems, they do amazing things with the hardware and software to make incredible metal detectors and then simple things make them look like fools.  I really don't get it. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

it seems no manufacturer is immune to the most simple things being problems, they do amazing things with the hardware and software to make incredible metal detectors and then simple things make them look like fools.  I really don't get it. 

I agree. I would rather have top quality construction and make less profit. If they saved on $3 each machine multiplied by 5 million detectors out the door, adds up to big profits.

I noticed there are some Minelab specials with free coils, etc.  happening right now.  I was just wondering what if Minelab runs a Black Friday special on Manticore pre-orders.  Do we all cancel our existing Manticore order and place a new one with another dealer to get the discount or free extra coil or whatever or do we just call our existing dealer and ask for the special?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, PSPR said:

I noticed there are some Minelab specials with free coils, etc.  happening right now.  I was just wondering what if Minelab runs a Black Friday special on Manticore pre-orders.  Do we all cancel our existing Manticore order and place a new one with another dealer to get the discount or free extra coil or whatever or do we just call our existing dealer and ask for the special?

Minelab is not going to run a Black Friday deal on a detector that has not yet been released.  ML has no knowledge of the dealer pre-orders and in many cases people who have more personal relationships with dealers are placed on lists without even putting down a deposit.  Bottom line is that you are pondering a situation that is not going to happen.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1