New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

2 minutes ago, Luis said:

Could it be that there are two manticore models just like the Equinox 600 and 800?

I doubt it for two reasons.

1.  There was only one model revealed at the trade shows.  and

2. Saying, "....it’s better the second time around." implies they are referring to something already out in the market.

There is still no manual posted on the Manticore page.  I'm wondering if this has anything to do with calling the screen plot "Target Trace."  Since it isn't an actual trace of the target, as has been pointed out by several on this forum, could they not want to put out such information until it is released? The reason being that they don't want the manual immediately disputing what they have been saying about Target Trace before it is released.

"good things come in two's",  "It's better the second time around"   They know how to play us dirt sniffers, cryptic Btards!  Going with new improved EQ, cheaper to put everything in the same pod.

41 minutes ago, Geordiedan said:

One of the UK dealers has been quoted saying that's not the Manticore release, but a separate announcement from Minelab 😮 

That would be the biggest bonehead move by Minelab in their history.  To announce an announcement and it not be the Manticore release might make me pull my Manticore order for real.  I don't believe Crawfords knows.

UPDATE:  I contacted Minelab and told them to clarify their announcement because if it isn't the Manticore release, and people are being told that it isn't,  customers are going to be POed.  I also asked them to get the Manticore manual posted.  Surely they have the final version.

• Haha 1

My dealer said the first wave of Manticores will be going out soon.  Not sure if he has some more info from Minelab or just speculating.

Of course, we've heard this word "soon" since last August.

Here is what Minelab Customer Service just told me.

"The MANTICORE manual is expected to be published online soon and prior to customers receiving units."

"Thank you for your enquiry regarding the cryptic announcement posted today; it is a mystery to me also."

• Like 1

It is the second Equinox version I don't care what anyone says there so it makes sense they'd say its better the second time around.

1st of December suits me well so hopefully that's right and it's not just the date of the release announcement.  They would do Day/Month/Year and not the backwards American method with the dates being an Australian company.  It's only logical the day is the first digits.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, phrunt said:

not the backwards American method

😄 

Phrunt -- you made me laugh.  Which is good; I haven't been laughing enough lately!

😜

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, phrunt said:

..... and it's not just the date of the release announcement.......

I don't know if I would laugh or cry if today's announcement was the announcement of the announcement next week to announce the date of the release announcement.  LOL

As for the announcement, could it be a GPX 6000+ maybe?  I know NOTHING about the 6000, but have heard some say the 6000 has some "issues," of some sort.  Just wondering if "second time around" means a "new/improved" version of something already released, like the 6000? 

Or possibly an Equinox 1000, that uses the "Manticore-design" for the lower rod, that is waterproof to 6 meters like the Manticore, and has a carbon-fiber shaft and arm cuff system like the Manticore?  In other words, it addresses all of the "complaints" people have, about the 600/800 (water intrusion failures, coil ear breakage, and wobbly shaft)?  Maybe priced at something like $1099 US?

YES, that idea, of a "new/improved" version of something, would also seem to sort of fit the Equinox >> Manticore as well, but personally, it seems to me that message is maybe a bit too "secretive" to be about the Manticore.  Since they already have announced the Manticore, sent Mark Lawrie around on that "world tour" to show off the "Beast," etc., and told us to expect the Manticore late 2022, this new announcement seems to me to be too "cryptic" to be referring to the Manticore...

Who knows.  Bottom line?  It's had its intended effect; it has us talking about it.  Which is precisely what marketing departments want, with such teases...  🙂

Steve

• Like 1