New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

27 minutes ago, phrunt said:

1st of December suits me well so hopefully that's right and it's not just the date of the release announcement.  They would do Day/Month/Year and not the backwards American method with the dates being an Australian company.  It's only logical the day is the first digits.

I was skeptical intially of interpretting this numerical representation as a date in the form common in the USA.  Fortunately 12 January 2022 doesn't make sense unless one has a time machine.

3 hours ago, Luis said:

Could it be that there are two manticore models just like the Equinox 600 and 800?

Lawrie answered that question in the negative during the September European Tour.  It's on one of the videos.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If they fixed all the problems with the Equinox like that, and continued to sell it for the same price or similar they'd sell a lot less Manticore's, and it's the high profit detector for them, not so much the Nox.  They'd rather sell Manticores.

Speaking of time machines, I',m betting Minelab which they had one so they could fix the Nox problems before releasing it.

They've already fixed the 6000's so all new 6000's sold the past couple of months as long as they're new stock to dealers from manufacturing will be fixed up. 

The font text they used looks like what I'd think a Manticore skin would look like 🙂

• Like 2

But the Equinox had serious flaws with the breaking coil tab and leaks yet no updated model of the Nox was ever released unless you call the Manticore it.

I can really only conclude this will be the release announcement of the Manticore next week.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, PSPR said:

But the Equinox had serious flaws with the breaking coil tab and leaks yet no updated model of the Nox was ever released unless you call the Manticore it.

I can really only conclude this will be the release announcement of the Manticore next week.

So did the CTX, and it was released about 10 years ago and has same breaking coil ears they used on the Nox coils and the same detector leaks.  They did little things along the way to improve the leaks a bit such as new seals you could buy or were provided if within warranty but nothing substantial and it's still a gamble in the water and even the latest coils for it's ears break.

To re-release an existing detector with all things upgraded is out of character for Minelab.  They'd probably have all Nox owners for the past 3 years with in warranty machines be trying to break them to swap them over for the new improved version.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, phrunt said:

The font text they used looks like what I'd think a Manticore skin would look like 

🙂

The color tones are similar, also, to the previous Manticore tease on their facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/MinelabMetalDetectors/photos/a.795474293826123/8527882333918575/?__cft__[0]=AZUWBI2Z2xD5EWPMXhEm5rg2YYGtUEv1rbiYj9-s8QK9khc3SU6ewpeuC6MlA22FirBjY0BRL6CwjOMzyArxjkYTr9o5yDGFNMnzWqrkMVkcWRZAF4FcGyDc-_IEWE_YT1L_i4Mo-gb54jYrz8b94zxy2ZaewojVmrpR63PRSDku1rspFXC2xehvm_A8bIU00Ao&__tn__=EH-R"

• Haha 1

Zed

• Like 1

haha yea, a GPZ with the "bugs" removed, for example the security chip removed off the cord and placed into the coil.

• Like 2

Just now, phrunt said:

haha yea, a GPZ with the "bugs" removed, for example the security chip removed off the cord and placed into the coil.

OR just 3 lbs lighter

• Like 2