New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

It's now on their website too, I'm sure it's the Manticore, hopefully it's not the date they announce they're shipping now "to dealers".  I'd rather it be the date it's sitting at dealers ready to deliver to me! 🙂

manticore.thumb.jpg.0217248f115257d37e8f146f36407b44.jpg

I've noticed in Australia they're now giving away an Equinox if you buy a GPX 6000 or GPZ, so they're coming in two's.

I wish they're just get their act together and stop playing games and just say when the Manticore is coming, they like the buzz around all this rubbish but it just annoys people.

• Like 2

Maybe they will give us an Equinox 800 or 600 with each Manticore we buy?  (Not likely)

Reading the threads around the time the Equinox was released, if I recall, on December 2nd they made an announcement that the Nox would be released around the end of December.  Then they did the same in early January announcing an end of month release.  I hope they don't say something like that next week.

Wonder if it has something to do with the updated ML100s that hit FCC testing. Things seem to show up there about 1 month before being announced or released. I hope it's gold prospecting related, selfishly. 🙂

Yup, nothing is worse than waiting on an announcement that turns out to be nothing more than an announcement about a future announcement.

it could well be an announcement about another detector coming, while also announcing the Manticore is now shipping, that's coming in two's.

The detector would very likely be a gold detector seeing the Manticore will be running on hype and excitement for the time being so they don't need a second coin detector eating into that and delaying sales.  

Maybe the long overdue multi freaker Gold Monster, it's very overdue.  A Multi freaker designed for gold prospecting would be nice, higher frequencies at its disposal would be good.

If you watch the animated video they put on Facebook the Minelab logo rotates around to look like a Z, so that could be a hint that it's the new GPZ, If it's a GPZ 8000 I don't want it, chips in coils is a given and I'd be very surprised if it is significantly better than a 7000 with aftermarket coils fitted.  If it is it wouldn't be $10,000 or more better 🙂

In the brief video on their facebook page they say "Good Things Come In Twos".  Are they going to give us 2 Manticores for the price of one?  Or is this going to be an announcement of the ML-105 headphones (they have two earmuffs)?

If they give me 2 Manticores for $1600 I'll be happy to wait another month for delivery.

Also, in that video, they turn the Minelab logo on it's right side.  I can only guess that it makes it sort of look like a detector.  I don't know why else they would do that.

Oh I just saw that vid. That definitely looks like they are inferring Z. Z2?

If you remember from the 2022 year end report they said this.

"Development of several new metal detector
products has progressed well and we are on
track for late first half FY23 product releases."

I actually would like a new waterproof discriminating pinpointer that mated to the Manticore then head phones. One that actually worked well. In a perfect world maybe a wireless Sunray type probe.

• Like 3