New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

The Nox is that good I can justify paying double the price (which the Manticore is here) for an improved more reliable version of it.  The big jump was always going to be the Nox, and the Manticore just being further refined.  I really like Target Trace on my CTX so a bonus having a similar thing on the new Nox.

They have shown a lot of confidence in Multi-IQ making a new model using it already when the FBS2 CTX is far older and the one you would think would be due for replacement especially being the top of the line.

While I don't expect miracles out of the Manticore I'll be satisfied with just a better quality Nox with a few extra bells and whistles and perhaps if I'm lucky a bit of a performance boost.  My initial disappointment is the lack of the little 6" coil though so I doubt I can retire my Nox.

This morning Minelab sent me a spam email with the same good things come in twos obscure marketing.

Where it says "its better the second time around" that really makes me think of the Nox ver2.

Somebody said they see Z's throughout the video.  The 2's, the sideways logo, etc.  I'll give them that.  If it isn't the Manticore release on 12/1 it will be coming soon regardless but I'm not going to jump through any more hoops for the Minelab psych marketing team.  Unless I just did.  :wacko:

If it is a new improved lighter GPZ there will be a lot of disappointed 6000 owners.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phrunt said:

If it is a new improved lighter GPZ there will be a lot of disappointed 6000 owners.

Maybe, but will it find small gold better than the 6000? Seems like Minelab keeps there machines separate enough for people to not sell them 😄 Maybe it will be designed for something the 6000 is not.

3 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Not me! If it is the next GPZ, I’ll be having my own Xmas promo/bundle fire-sale to help fund its purchase, especially if it comes stock with a concentric coil this time. 🤣 

• Like 4

Discrimination is all they're missing now seeing they removed it from the 6000, and the GPZ design seems like they could possibly do discrimination.  I don't really care much for discrimination around here but I can see some would benefit greatly from it.  I actually get quite excited when it's an iron target as it means its possibly an old square nail as other than old rusty matchboxes there isn't all that much junk to find, it's all the damn pellets and no discrimination is getting rid of them. The square nails are very rare finds for me, I've found about 5 in my entire time detecting.  I gave them all to JW who was doing a bit of a display of old prospecting tools hanging above his stone fireplace in his lounge room and needed the old nails to hold them up, it looks really cool.

I guess we will find out in under a week now if it's a new GPZ or just more Manticore hype of a different type.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2022 at 10:08 PM, phrunt said:

I just don't need anymore detectors after the Manticore, I'm just happy with my current detectors!

🤣😂😭 Forgive me Simon, if I don't believe this statement! But thanks for a good laugh! Does the quote" When hell freezes over" need to be applied here?? Time will tell!!

Love ya man! Happy Thanksgiving!!🦃👍👍

• Haha 1