New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

Thanks Joe 🙂

I really don't know, I think I'm done with buying detectors, I'm in my happy place at the moment and it would take something dramatic with performance to change my mind.  Target ID's on a PI comes to mind!

The Manticore may well be my last detector, at least for some time.  

Have yourself a great Thanksgiving, tuck into some turkey for me, it's near impossible to buy that here. 

• Thanks 1

I'd definitely be onboard for a PI like that too!! And l have reached near critical mass on detectors, so.... 👍 As for the turkey problem, that's unfortunate!😔  But you can always grow your own! Just don't get too attached, come "chopping" time!!

Besides, KFC is a universally approved substitute!!😁👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not in the market for a new gold prospecting detector and will probably sell the gpx6000 I purchased since I haven't even turned it on since purchasing it, but what I noticed in the ad they had the Minelab logo vertically positioned and it looks like a Z. Not to mention all the 2's look like z's.

I really don't care what they release I just want a detector that I can use underwater without worry of it leaking. I bought the deus ii, but really would rather stay with a platform that I already know.

yea, that's the dealer from my old stomping ground when I lived in Australia. He's a good guy.  Notice he says its coming out mid December, so there we have it, this announcement next week is saying the Manticore is going to be available mid December.

351374110_Lostteasures.jpg.47f5536eadec9e6a3dd3a267e6a98d38.jpg

4 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Notice he says its coming out mid December, so there we have it, this announcement next week is saying the Manticore is going to be available mid December.

351374110_Lostteasures.jpg.47f5536eadec9e6a3dd3a267e6a98d38.jpg

The Aussi dealer I talked to a couple weeks ago was, supposedly, told by Minelab the Manticore would be released at the end of November and in customer's hands by the 15th of December.  Sounds like the same statement.

I just don't know what the "good things come in pairs" means.

• Like 1

Yea, it will take long for other countries, Australia will have them first, NZ should be a few days behind.  I was reading one of their investor reports yesterday and a way they make higher profit is shipping via sea freight so the first batch shipped by air is going to be small just to get some out there and the excitement and hype brewing and that seems to be how its happened in the past too.  The second batch by sea will be the bulk of the orders.

• Like 1

I would think "good things come in twos" just means announcing 2 detectors at once. I guess the 2 new Equinoxes makes sense.

I'm still hoping it's prospecting related though. GPZ 7800/8000 like the 4800/5000 release? Man that 4800 was a letdown though (IMO, anyways), but I guess a lower price point GPZ might make some sense if they go through the trouble of spending 7 years to make a new one.

Finally!  A new video is coming tomorrow of a Manticore field test in Arizona.  Possibly a gold test for the Manticore.

UPDATE: Well, no gold test.  Just a Target Trace demo using iron and silver coins ON Arizona desert soil.  Informative but it seems Minelab doesn't want any gold or aluminum to get under the coil of the Manticore during pre-release.

And then there is Merrill in NYC. This guy is funny but he deciphers the cryptic Minelab video from the other day.  (Actually I don't think it is a Z.  It makes more sense that it is a 2 just like the 2's in the date.)

• Like 2