New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

21 hours ago, canslawhero said:

yowza, Mark originally said shipping in November, he was right. I just hope some of the US shipment goes to Canada (Toronto specifically). Manual should be online pretty quickly also I'd suspect...

Humm>It's Nov 30th and we have "rumors" of shipping>LOL.  

This is just like an airline who pushes off the gate on time, but they wait on the tarmac 3 hours before take-off. Then the airline still claims their flight was "on time" 

• Haha 4

On 11/28/2022 at 2:20 PM, PSPR said:

Yes, NAGANT, that video does show good target separation.  I don't understand why the French video instead just showed an elongated coin signal.  Maybe I just couldn't see the screen well enough in that video as GB_Amature said.

12 hours ago, strick said:

if its the same as the ctx the target trace will show the target but the audio will be nulled out...

I had another thought after reading Strick's comment.  Note that in the video both targets are on the surface.  The coil winding itself (true on all coils, I think) has a strong field very close to the winding.  That's why you often get double/triple beep when swinging all the way across a surface metal target.  It can be even worse when there are two (near) surface targets with a separation of the coil width.  That combined  report can make one think there is a (good) target between them where there is nothing.

So what happens when one target is centered and one is under the winding?  Do you get one target trace or two?

BTW, if you watch that recent video (was it the Arizona one?) with Debbie from the Minelab Americas office (Naperville, IL), she seems to think there is an unknown good target in between surface targets she has placed on the ground.  I think she is just seeing the result of what I described above.

• Like 3

In a few months we will know more about how this device works. I put tests from test tracks between fairy tales, especially when the operator has no idea how to set up the machine and does not show the calibration and does not explain the settings, and what's more, he goes with a device he does not know. What tests are we talking about? About fairy tales from the land of moss and ferns for the naive. After a few months, you can do such tests as you understand the device. Mythomania nothing more. It takes time and patience.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

37 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Note that in the video both targets are on the surface.  

Are we talking the Poland video?  I may be off base as I glanced it late last night, but aren't the circles on the ground just the markings of where the targets are and the upper right told the depth buried?  I think he had some close nails to coins at depth.

18 minutes ago, Sumrtym said:

Are we talking the Poland video?

I was referring to the recent video in the USA (probably the Arizona one) where Minelab of the Americas Debby was demoing the supposedly only Manticore currently within our borders, at least the only one that's allowed to be shown....  (That is going to change very soon if we can accept the recent ML Facebook post.)

P.S. I haven't watched the Polish video, but apparently Shelton has.  🤔😁

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

BTW, if you watch that recent video (was it the Arizona one?) with Debbie from the Minelab Americas office (Naperville, IL), she seems to think there is an unknown good target in between surface targets she has placed on the ground.  I think she is just seeing the result of what I described above

GB-armature, i think that is it too.  A couple non ferrous bits separated by depth  must elongate or blur the screen response + ID number would be jumpy just like any visual ID detector.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I had another thought after reading Strick's comment.  Note that in the video both targets are on the surface.  The coil winding itself (true on all coils, I think) has a strong field very close to the winding.  That's why you often get double/triple beep when swinging all the way across a surface metal target.  It can be even worse when there are two (near) surface targets with a separation of the coil width.  That combined  report can make one think there is a (good) target between them where there is nothing.

So what happens when one target is centered and one is under the winding?  Do you get one target trace or two?

BTW, if you watch that recent video (was it the Arizona one?) with Debbie from the Minelab Americas office (Naperville, IL), she seems to think there is an unknown good target in between surface targets she has placed on the ground.  I think she is just seeing the result of what I described above.

If the VDI of each of the two, or three, beeps is identical, it will show up as ONE target, plotted in ONE location.  Remember, all the target trace is doing, is plotting an x,y coordinate pair that represents the VDI of a target. 

ON THE OTHER HAND -- suppose there is a quarter laying on top of the ground, and the "middle beep" (i.e. center of the coil over the target) reads a very consistent "88," but the two "edge of coil" beeps register a consistent "85," you will then see TWO plots on the screen.

Steve

• Like 2