New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

3 hours ago, PSPR said:

Maybe you could have someone make an extended lower rod.

I will be looking to see what I can do about that, though the negative is if I do it, it will require substantial investment in an injection mold, to produce that new lower rod "clevis."

I will be looking into this...

Steve

• Like 1

(sorry for off-topic )
@Midalake:
Did you read my custom Eqx shaft thread? There's some ideas contained in it that may help you get more from your current shaft.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/14805-my-compact-eqx-shaft-project/
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, steveg said:

I will be looking to see what I can do about that, though the negative is if I do it, it will require substantial investment in an injection mold, to produce that new lower rod "clevis."

I will be looking into this...

Steve

In the Manticore case Steve it may be easier to extend the upper rod back further than a longer lower rod. One has to see the cable length of the coil as well.  

16 hours ago, phrunt said:

The fact he's using a Pro-Find pinpointer in the video means it was for marketing purposes, nobody chooses to use that thing 😛

I resemble that remark! 

17 hours ago, strick said:

Great videos thanks for posting them...very impressive depth and speed...looks like its finally time to cull out the CTX 3030 and at least one of the nox 800's I'll keep one just because...

strick 

Given that the original Equinox coils work on the Equinox refresh, I almost wouldn't mind the EQX900 as a Manticore backup.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Given that the original Equinox coils work on the Equinox refresh, I almost wouldn't mind the EQX900 as a Manticore backup.

Right I was thinking the same thing...decisions decisions... thinking might just send everything to slaughter and buy a new herd..the minelabs that is...keeping the Deus 2 for specific relic hunting uses. 

strick 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, midalake said:

In the Manticore case Steve it may be easier to extend the upper rod back further than a longer lower rod. One has to see the cable length of the coil as well.  

midalake -- so, I have it on good authority that there's enough coil cable length to offer a longer shaft (at least a few inches).  And yes, extending the upper instead of a "tall-man" lower rod is another option, but the big "if" is how that plastic "rail" for the arm cuff is attached to the upper shaft.  If it is somehow clamped on or screwed on, to where it can simply be removed from one carbon tube, and installed onto another, then making an upper shaft would be much easier; if it's EPOXIED on, then that means I'd have to "clone" that part, and have an injection mold made for it.  IF that's the case, the least expensive option (avoiding an upper shaft "arm cuff rail" mold, or a lower shaft "yoke" mold) might be to make an extended MIDDLE shaft section...

Bottom line, I need to get mine "in hand," and study it, to see if there's anything reasonable I can do with it.  It looks like, from first glance, to be a very nice shaft (based on pictures/videos).  There may not be alot to "improve" on; the main things I could offer it would seem (after sizeable investment in injection molds) would be a colored shaft option (for those interested in color), a two-piece shaft instead of a 3-piece to lighten it up a bit more (for those who may prefer a two-piece), and then of course the option for customized lengths (i.e. longer shafts, for tall users like yourself).

I'll be looking at it, for sure, to see what's possible...

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Certainly tempting, Cal, but with a perfectly operable 600 and 800 in my "stable," it's hard to justify buying a new 900, just to use as a backup.  Decisions, decisions!

Steve

• Like 3