New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

3 minutes ago, cudamark said:

When they went through the menu and showed the number of tones, I only saw 1 to 5 tones. No full tones? WTF?

It has them.  Doesn't anybody read the specs?  Relying upon videos (by less than experts...) to give all the details just doesn't seem realistic.  And Lawrie said more than once in the September European Tour videos it will have full tones (may not be the name they're using now).  BTW, Steve H. just put to bed (maybe in another thread) the idea that a performance feature/capability of the Equinox will be taken away on the Manticore.  Enhanced?  In some cases, yes.

• Like 3

I would have thought they would have shown that on the video since they were toggling through that part of the menu already.

• Like 1

I think it's called "all tones" now.    This must be for the top & bottom iron zones on the screen, (Ferrous Limits: Upper: 0 to 14 | Lower: 0 to 9).  Not sure why two ferrous zones and how they convey info differently.

1 hour ago, Geordiedan said:

Hot off the press- shipping now 

C4F3D4D9-AC45-4B3C-B2CD-2B10196F3478.thumb.jpeg.c7b5a96f358afc8d4bc7dfde0e2616b4.jpeg

yowza, Mark originally said shipping in November, he was right. I just hope some of the US shipment goes to Canada (Toronto specifically). Manual should be online pretty quickly also I'd suspect...

• Like 1

Not to point to another forum but substantially more Manticore info was very recently posted by Tom D over there.... including the statement "Manticore is deeper than EQX, faster than EQX, better unmasking than EQX, more accurate ID than EQX, handles wet-salt better than EQX. ((((And............ can I say this now? Deeper than XP Deus-2 in dirt AND wet-salt))))."

https://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,185174,page=6

If this is not allowed I profusely apologize...

• Haha 1

I struggle to read that forum, invert the colours and it could easily pass for a BBS from the late 1980's.   

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2022 at 9:59 AM, GB_Amateur said:

the detector is silent while swung over the nail.  (Notching apparently has been applied.)  Does notching vs. no notching affect the target trace reporting?  IDK.

if its the same as the ctx the target trace will show the target but the audio will be nulled out...this will allow you to hunt without having to interrogate every single beep as you do with the Nox... Bottle caps read 14-17 in my neck of the woods with the nox.... notch those numbers out and you will miss gold rings...Now for someone that mostly hunts coins silver coins esp its not that big of a deal as you are looking for the higher conductors except the nickels of course. 

strick 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, WalkInH2o said:

Deeper than XP Deus-2 in dirt AND wet-salt))))."

Well we shall see. One thing I see is how long before that cuff breaks ? Also that’s a lot of coil to be pushing thru the water. Good to see it’s arrival though. Let the videos begin !!!

• Thanks 1