New Minelab Manticore

4 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Was referring to the M8, which enables me to maneuver around obstacles.  Def won't be a water machine if I ever do get the Manginot.  

I thought it was the Mantibore????😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Some of the features sound a lot like White’s TX Boost and SignaGraph… I wish Minelab would also include a full color screen and the ability to analyze SMF signals independently.

9 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

So, in four years, do you think the worlds best metal detector engineering team could improve on what they did with Equinox?

Wish they could have made it more than just 1 oz lighter.  But that gives them license to say lighter than Nox, at least.  :laugh:

Seriously, though.  Looks like we got the Multi-IQ eTrac/CTX variant we have been clamoring after for 4 years, why am I not more excited about that? :rolleyes:

New detector launch fatigue and a bad case of manufacturer cynicism, I guess.  And also knowing that we are on the vlf performance plateau and the only real innovation left is in usability vice performance.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Here is the dime store sales pitch courtesy of me.

Did anyone like the Equinox?

OK, imagine that Minelab had four more years to work on the Equinox. Imagine also that they had the benefit of the feedback of a planet full of Equinox owners. Keep in mind that Minelab always delivers when it comes to delivering newer technology. If they say Multi-IQ+ then they mean it. It’s next generation Multi-IQ. In the same sense that FBS2 was an improvement on original FBS.

So, in four years, do you think the worlds best metal detector engineering team could improve on what they did with Equinox? And lastly, remember that the second gen models are often Minelabs best. The first gen is proof of concept, the next gen is the actual finished product.

Sales pitch over. :smile:

JP, what did you do with Steve? (Looking behind you), where’d you put him. 🤪

• Haha 1

What do you guys think about this part of the arm rest (that I circled in green)?

Room for a weight to help balance the machine or hold an extra battery pack during a hunt, a la the N/M Legend?

EDIT: Looks like it's part of the arm cuff adjustment mechanism. Still might be able to serve double duty to hold an extra battery or counterweight, though.

MM2.jpg

• Like 1

An early bird hinted to me that it sounded like an F75 on steriods. Even with 2-D disc which is a huge improvement over the single digit conductive scale.

I’d still like it to murmer the ground and whisp on a deep short target in stead of an anoying BEEP. Noise cancelling headphones are a given these days,... gone are the days of having drums on the side of your head.

BEEPS are for autopilot detectors,... which can be fun.

WHISPS at the beach is were the fun begins,... especially with FE-CO discrimination ability.

Now lets have both available and maybe it could be a Beast,.. if not well at least we got to watch the cartoon.

I really like the sales pitch on the video, especially because it says all the things I was hoping to hear.. From what I can make out, the Beast's multi-frequency is build from the ground up with larger spectrums and higher frequencies than the Equinox.. It also has a great range of coils to start off with and it's lighter than the Equinox.. It's also waterproof down to 5 metres and its handle vibrates.. Even if its raw beast power doesn't punch any deeper than the Equinox, these factors already make it a winner in my book..     

• Like 5