New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

59 minutes ago, Mirda said:

It seems to me like display backlight is necessary...

Which it has.  But if you're saying it has to be on continuously, maybe so.

2 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

With the added 50% increase in power (which is about what you get from beach 2 to beach 1) a salt balance would quite it down out there.

It's not 50% more than Equinox, it's 50% more than single frequency detectors.  Their typical ambiguous marketing speak is carefully worded to create these misconceptions without blatantly speaking untruths.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Definitely worth it with the M8 coil if it were going head to head with Deus 2 because the weight advantage of Deus 2 (a lot of what you are paying for) would be reduced.

This M8 coil is around the same size as the Vanquish V8 ( 8X6 ) , I have used it it is a very small coil . The D2 9 coil is an other beast which is bigger and much deeper from my testings.

Btw I dont understand why ML did not propose a 9' sized coil for the Manticore . They are repeating the same error that they did with the Equinox ...  The choice is only between a very small coil and big coils . No intermediate 9" sized coils .  Until Coiltek makes one in 3 or 4 years ...?  🙂

Hopefully there is still the Vanquish with the V10 ...🙂

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, steveg said:

abenson -- how did you get on a list already?

Steve

Contact any Minelab dealer and they will put you on a list to get one as they come available.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jennifer said:

When I buy my Milwaukee M18 tools, I have the option to buy “tool only” if I already have batteries, chargers etc…. I wish they did the same for detectors…. No coil included so you could use ones you have or order the one you want, not what they want you to have.

XP gives you the option to buy just the remote [D2], and any piece of the package you want. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Which it has.  But if you're saying it has to be on continuously, maybe so.

It's not 50% more than Equinox, it's 50% more than single frequency detectors.  Their typical ambiguous marketing speak is carefully worded to create these misconceptions without blatantly speaking untruths.

Light on continuously ? 

do that mean we can’t go with light screen off ?

Looks good to me...exactly what some of us were asking for...deeper, faster,reliable I’d at depth... you guys can make fun of the name all you want but I’ll be getting a Manicure most likely. 😝

strick

• Like 5
  • Haha 4