New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

12 hours ago, Luis said:

here a new video with more adjustments of the manticore

Thx interesting video at least it shows that the Multinator has a better iron disc than the Equinox on big ferrous  ...

But still no depth comparisons vs other detectors  although it would have been very easy for those Polish guys to do one , at least vs the Equinox.  Weird they all have carefully avoided the depth topic during the different Mcore presentations up to now ... 

28 minutes ago, palzynski said:

Thx interesting video at least it shows that the Multinator has a better iron disc than the Equinox on big ferrous  ...

But still no depth comparisons vs other detectors  although it would have been very easy for those Polish guys to do one , at least vs the Equinox.  Weird they all have carefully avoided the depth topic during the different Mcore presentations up to now ... 

I would love to see a depth test similar to the Deus ll depth test video. One of the best I have ever seen. La Torche just posted it by coincidence on another Deus thread. Perfect timing.

• Like 1

Problem is it all comes down to soil conditions, I can show a depth test video of my Ace 300i blowing away the depth most people can get with their Equinox on a deep silver coin.  I see very little value in such videos.  In saying that my Ace 300i is a killer detector for deep silver coins in mild soils when using the Nel Tornado coil.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

Problem is it all comes down to soil conditions, I can show a depth test video of my Ace 300i blowing away the depth most people can get with their Equinox on a deep silver coin.  I see very little value in such videos.  In saying that my Ace 300i is a killer detector for deep silver coins in mild soils when using the Nel Tornado coil.

The depth comparison test must be done in the same conditions of course . These tests are very interesting because you can try different modes/settings for a given machine or compare different detectors . For example you can easily see that a Deus2 9" goes much deeper than a Deus1 elliptic 9X6 coil on a big coin , or that they all have almost the same depth limit ( 12 inches on a big coin on my moderately mineralized soi ).

I found these static tests to be reliable in the field . Deep detectors on static tests are usually deep in the field too ... 

The Ace 300 I dont really know this detector but I have just tried it a few minutes I cant put up with its "Hells bells" tones 🙂   And the Nel Tornado will definitely be too heavy for me if I remember its specs ..

Cant wait to have the Manticore for a depth test ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

Yes soil conditions will affect the test.  But I agree that at some point it is important to see, even if it is under ideal soil conditions.  Not to ascertain raw depth but to determine at what point the 2D discrimination/target trace breaks down for deep non-ferrous, mid-conductive targets that start looking more ferrous to the Mutilator.  And then, ultimately, how useful the 2D target trace is in mineralized soils.

I see the FBS-like 2D disc (but Multi-IQ responsiveness) as a boon for relic detectorists who are also looking for desirable ferrous artifacts such as axe heads, iron tools, and projectiles.

This is what Tom D was getting at regarding the -99  to 0 ferrous TID but it appears he was off base on the final implementation.  Strange, if he was so integral to the project design team as he claims.  Or maybe I am missing something as I don't quite understand how the ferrous and salt TID "underscore" symbols described below on the Markymark QS guide should be interpreted in conjunction with the 2D target trace (see below).

946968087_SmartSelect_20220904_080216_AdobeAcrobat.jpg.ae28c49b25cc2389d017f415e075e24b.jpg

287248041_SmartSelect_20220904_080240_AdobeAcrobat.jpg.545b4ee01f9e757f9f66c9f8b26d39e0.jpg

712694780_SmartSelect_20220904_080401_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.b7096596c15e63fbf69831b783322bd1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

on the Markymark QS guide should be interpreted in conjunction with the 2D target trace (see below).

It seems many of us are trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip with our interpretation of what little has been revealed so far.  Along that vein 😁, on the graphics part of the screen, it appears as though there is a histogram of signals at the bottom of the image.  Or is that just the ferrous limit(s) for the lower part of the ferrous scale?  And while we're on that subject, why do both the upper part and lower part say 'more ferrous'?  Is the vertical scale not actually monotonic (going from low to high in one direction)?

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 12:09 AM, Erik Oostra said:

These are some offers at Miners Den in Australia: Mongrel - $2,499 or CTX 3030 -$2,695 or Equinox 800 - $1,249.. Which would you go for if you had the bucks? 

Screenshot 2022-09-03 143159.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-04 090240.jpg

2.jpg

None of them.

GB_Amateur --

ON the CTX, E-Trac, and Explorer series, the Ferrous scale WAS "monotonic" as you put it.  BUT -- it seems it's not, on Manticore.  SO -- it appears that in some way, instead of that horizontal line being a "12-line," it really looks like it may be a "zero ferrous line" of sorts, with FE numbers increasing BOTH in the "up" direction on the Y-axis, AND in the "down" direction.  Or maybe it is sort of a "-50-line," so to speak, on a scale of 0 to -99.  In other words, FE ID of 0 to -49 on the "bottom half" of the screen, and -50 to -99 on the top half...(or vice versa).

This is very interesting, and it somehow, I think, relates to Tom's assertions about the "99 bins" of Ferrous ID.  Some are obviously ABOVE the horizontal "zero line," or "-50-line," or whatever it may be, and some BELOW.  At THIS point, from what I've seen, SMALL iron appears to fall on the top half of the screen, in terms of Ferrous ID, and BIG iron appears to fall on the bottom half of the screen, in terms of Ferrous ID...

Hmm...

Steve

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

It seems many of us are trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip with our interpretation of what little has been revealed so far.  Along that vein 😁, on the graphics part of the screen, it appears as though there is a histogram of signals at the bottom of the image.  Or is that just the ferrous limit(s) for the lower part of the ferrous scale?  And while we're on that subject, why do both the upper part and lower part say 'more ferrous'?  Is the vertical scale not actually monotonic (going from low to high in one direction)?

2 hours ago, steveg said:

GB_Amateur --

ON the CTX, E-Trac, and Explorer series, the Ferrous scale WAS "monotonic" as you put it.  BUT -- it seems it's not, on Manticore.  SO -- it appears that in some way, instead of that horizontal line being a "12-line," it really looks like it may be a "zero ferrous line" of sorts, with FE numbers increasing BOTH in the "up" direction on the Y-axis, AND in the "down" direction.  Or maybe it is sort of a "-50-line," so to speak, on a scale of 0 to -99.  In other words, FE ID of 0 to -49 on the "bottom half" of the screen, and -50 to -99 on the top half...(or vice versa).

This is very interesting, and it somehow, I think, relates to Tom's assertions about the "99 bins" of Ferrous ID.  Some are obviously ABOVE the horizontal "zero line," or "-50-line," or whatever it may be, and some BELOW.  At THIS point, from what I've seen, SMALL iron appears to fall on the top half of the screen, in terms of Ferrous ID, and BIG iron appears to fall on the bottom half of the screen, in terms of Ferrous ID...

Hmm...

Steve

From the Munchausen detailed specs page, below are the two upper/lower Ferrous Limit settings ranges and another related setting (ferrous limits custom) that we are going to need the manual to decipher but from the video previously posted by Luis, it appears you can set up to 4 custom ferrous limit profiles.  What was interesting from that video is that it appears that the various large "falsing" ferrous items differed as to whether they showed up in the upper region (horseshoe-shaped thing) or the lower region (wedge), so you might have to do some in situ/in the field yesting to see how you might want to set up your custom ferrous limits profile for your site.

SmartSelect_20220904_102525_Chrome.jpg.815ffa31ee3816d5a961f879b108df9c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1