New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

1 hour ago, vive equinox said:

хŠ¾Ń€Š¾ŃˆŠøŠ¹ Š²Š¾ŠæрŠ¾Ń Š¾Š±Š¾Š¹Š“ŠµŃ‚ся Š»Šø Š¼Š°Š¹Š½Š»Š°Š± Š±ŠµŠ· рŠ¾ŃŃŠøŠ¹ŃŠŗŠ¾Š³Š¾ рыŠ½ŠŗŠ° Šø Š»ŠøшŠøт ŠæŠ¾Š»ŃŒŠ·Š¾Š²Š°Ń‚ŠµŠ»ŠµŠ¹ Š²Š°ŃˆŠµŠ¹ стрŠ°Š½Ń‹ Š¼Š°Š½Ń‚ŠøŠŗŠ¾Ń€Ń‹Ā  šŸ¤”

of course, the Manticore will be sold in Russia, do not doubt

2 hours ago, Elijah said:

ŠŗŠ¾Š½ŠµŃ‡Š½Š¾ ŠœŠ°Š½Ń‚ŠøŠŗŠ¾Ń€Š° Š±ŃƒŠ“ŠµŃ‚ ŠæрŠ¾Š“Š°Š²Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃŃ Š² Š Š¾ŃŃŠøŠø, Š½Šµ сŠ¾Š¼Š½ŠµŠ²Š°Š¹Ń‚ŠµŃŃŒ

Our dealers say that Manticore will be 100% in Russia before the new year

STOP IT!

The more I see, the more Im wanting one....RIGHT NOW!

Ā 

too late it's done!

Ā 

• Like 3

I haven't seen the following Detectival 2022 video posted yet (maybe I missed it, though).Ā  Language is Italian but much is translating Lawrie's English, similar as was done in one of the French videos.Ā  First 7 minutes are the typical explanation (with translation) of the detector's features.Ā  However, from ~7:00 to ~9:00 there are what I consider interesting (air) separation demos which show two targets on the 2-D screen simultaneously.Ā  The iron piece is rather large and yet the non-ferrous targets still are well separated.Ā  There's at least one other video that shows a bit of this type of demo, but either I wasn't completely getting it then or this one is more pronounced.

Ā 

• Like 9

Thanks to all those regular contributors whoā€™ve help me master the Nox, Iā€™m hoping to understand the Montisarous better. Some questions re 2d trace,

1) the horizontal line is conductance, how does it compare to the NOX VDi readings? I assume it starts at 0 and goes to 99, is that equivalent to the Nox 0 and 40? Or Nox -10 to 40? Iā€™m assuming the former as the ferrous negative numbers are plotted on the vertical scale.

2) I get that the vertical scale is for ferrous cantered around a zero line in the middle, but what is the basis for above or below the line? I see Iron nails above, and a beer top below, but how is it doing that?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Luis said:

a brief moment of the video shows the manticore on the beach

At about 7:30 into this video, Lawrie explains some setting options for the "all tones" (similar to Equinox's 50 tone mode).Ā  It seems that all settings options and features of the Equinox 800 have been carried over to the Manticore.Ā  (Anyone notice an exception to this?)Ā  The only thing I've noticed on the Equinox 800 that isn't apparently going to be available on the Manticore is the WM08 module (which on the Eqx allows 'wireless' very low latency audio through the user's choice of headphones, earbuds, etc.).Ā  From what's been said multiple times by Lawrie, the Manticore will have proprietary low latency audio but (so far, anyway) only useable with the Minelab ML105 headphones.Ā  I've yet to see or hear a spec on the latency.Ā 

Also I don't recall user saved settings (memory slots / 'profiles') being covered.Ā  I've put in a question to Minelab from their Manticore webpage.Ā  I'll report back with their response.

27 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Also I don't recall user saved settings (memory slots / 'profiles') being covered.Ā  I've put in a question to Minelab from their Manticore webpage.Ā  I'll report back with their response.

I believe the Manticore will have the ability to save up to 10 different profile settings.

In was mentioned in at least one early video, a few weeks ago.

10 different user profiles will be a very nice addition in my opinion.

• Like 2