New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

6 hours ago, la torche said:

There is a depth of 50 cm on a 10 ct Napoleon III monk of 3 cm in diameter in the Test Barrel and we do not find them in the field, where are they passed? 

Because a 50cm detection depth for a coin is unrealistic  ... This is certainly the reason why they have carefully avoided to indicate the depths in the second video ... 😃

• Like 2

Tend to agree with a few of the comments CD made in his video posted on the 30.9.22 "Manticore why I'm not excited".

As with my Equinox its tones first then a quick peak at the numbers I do not need to analyze the screen so this is not a selling point for me. What do you guys think ? I watch my mate analyzing his CTX screen whilst we are out detecting, he takes ages I would have dug it and moved on if its that iffy.

• Like 2

In dense trash I found the target trace to be fairly useless on the CTX. With single targets it helped to figure out what was iron, what was stainless. In loud environments it also is a helping hand. But dense trash or easy to dig dirt/sand. Just carry some masking tape and go by ear.

If they engineered it to just go BEEP in stead of ramp up/down. Then they've made a screen watchers detector and that consumes far more time and is equal to less finds in the pouch then dig, look and on to the next target.

Target count per hour is what it's all about. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scoopjohnb said:

IJust carry some masking tape ...

Or use a detector without screen . I use a Deus1 WS4 Lite since 2013 and now a Deus2 WS6 . The only ( l ( small )  screen I have is on the headphones on my head . I only look at it when I change the detector settings , rarely in the field btw .

The rest of the time I only detect by hear ... No need for VDI numbers as everything from low to high conductivity can be a good target over here ...

• Like 2

Well, I'm now in queue for a Mandible, and also all of it's coils.  Let the painful wait begin 🙂

AUDIO YOUR WAY

Take control of audio with MANTICORE. Hear target information the way you like it via superior audio controls including customisable target tones, suppression of Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) chatter and Continuous Pitch (VCO) audio with ferrous tones and genuine threshold detection tone.

Does this mean it has a true all metal threshold?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, phrunt said:

Well, I'm now in queue for a Mandible, and also all of it's coils.  Let the painful wait begin 🙂

I'm waiting too.  

going to be a long winter wait  

rich - 

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

Has the price gone down?

I got the email that said the 800 and 600 are now $100 less.  What is the end price?

3 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Has the price gone down?

I got the email that said the 800 and 600 are now $100 less.  What is the end price?

In NZ it is $3,099.   That is about $1,783 USD, our dollar has fallen something like 19% against the USD in the past few months.  Crazy!

But it is an Australian $ for the Manicore.

1 minute ago, mn90403 said:

But it is an Australian $ for the Manicore.

Yup, just demonstrating our cost vs the US price which looks like its going to be $1599 USD so you guys get a good price on it this time.  Our dollar is tracking pretty much average vs the AUD, similar.